Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosystem 3 - Full system install

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

asenra
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
asenra Posted: Wed, Feb 20 2013 10:14 PM

Hi everyone, I am new to Beoworld. I recently aquired the following B&O system:

Beolab5s, 3s, 7-2, Beosystem 3 3D

and is connected to:

Panasonic VT65, JVC RS66U, AppleTV, Cable, PS3

Since I did not buy the system from any of the shops in NYC, getting installers to come in has been quite a pain so I ended up installing most of the system myself (not the JVC yet, only the Panasonic).

I guess I will need help with programming the beo6, so I am using my Beo4 for now.

I have done most of the install blind but everything works great so far.

Here are a few questions I am hoping someone could be so kind to help with:

1 - How do I get the beosystem 3 to recognize the actual Panasonic, AppleTv, cable, PS3 instead of just naming them "generic" video sources and whats the best way, if any, to control these devices with the Beo4 while I wait for programming the Beo6.

2 - If I want to connect my Stewart Screen trhough a 12v trigger to the Beosystem 3, is that possible? where would I connect it?

3 - How difficult would it be for me to program my own Beo6?

Thanks in advance!

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 11:00 AM

First of all: welcome to Beoworld and congratulations to your new Beosystem. It`s a shame that dealers don`t want to install your system.

On the other hand doing installation by yourself is the best way to get familiar with the system.

I myself have a similiar setup, no BS3 but BV7-40 with inbuilt BS3. So I´m trying to answer your questions as good as I can....

1 - Panasonic is your main screen, connect it to DISPLAY 1. Afaik it also must be connected via RS232 to control the screen.

JVC projector must be connected to DISPLAY 2.

Videosources like PS3, Aplle TV must be connected via HDMI and via an IR emitter plugged into one of the PUC sockets and glued to front IR receiver of the video source. Assign the sources to DTV, DVD, V.MEM.... in BS3 connections menu and select the corresponding PUC. PUC is the peripheral unit controller. It`s an inbuilt IR translater. For PS3 you will need an adapter, because it`s usually not controlled via IR. You find a lot of information in the forum: http://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/1239/10494.aspx#10494

Should also be explained in the user manual. You can control all devices via your Beo4. Missing buttons can be added to the LIST.

2 - Yes. BS3 has a "cinema" socket - it`s an RS232 plug - that includes two NO contacts. You can connect a 12V relay to one of the contacts. If you press Cinema ( or FORMAT 0 on Beo4) the contacts will be closed and activate the relay. Pressing Cinema (or FORMAT 0) again, opens the contacts.

Another way is to connect a Lintronic box the cinema out (a lot of BS3/BV7 owners do that). The Lintronic box can also control your JVC.

www.Lintronic.dk

3 - You will need the Beo5 config. tool. A help menu is included. It`s not difficult to program. There is a lot information on Beo5/6 forum on this site.

Hope this helps

Stefan

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS