Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Help with State Update

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff Posted: Sat, Oct 2 2021 2:10 PM

I'm using a BLGW with a BeoSystem 4. I have STATE UPDATE macros that use a Global Cache Itach to switch the Samsung TV to HDMI 2 when using the "Apple TV 4K" source, to HDMI 3 when using the "Sony UHD" source, and to HDMI for all other sources.

The macros work great when switching from one source to another while the TV/BeoSystem 4 are already on. However, If I start up the BeoSystem 4 with a particular source, the HDMI does not change from what it was on when going into standby. Similarly, if I try to fire the macro again when the desired source is already playing (Such as in a situation where I accidentally blocked the Global Cache IR emitter with my body and tried sending the source command again after getting my body out of the way), the HDMI does not change.

Does anyone have any suggestion on what I'm doing wrong in the macros?

chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Sun, Oct 10 2021 8:58 AM
I played around with this. It is really difficult, especially when you want to change the source. I have 2 pucs attached to my LG running one to the beosystem 4 and one to my Itach. Although Itach was a good sollution I use direct IP now through HTTP. This way it tends to be more stable. I do need to send a command to my Oppo to keep the connection alive. This is also with their app so a bad from Oppo.

On your question I normally just pick a new source and back that works as well.

The old macro looked like this if you want to switch HDMI through Itach

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sun, Oct 10 2021 12:05 PM

Thanks, Chucky. So it sounds like you have the same issue that I have where you can't change the HDMI when coming out of standby? I've wondered if maybe there just needs to be a delay in sending the command to give the tv enough time to power on.

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Sun, Oct 10 2021 12:31 PM

beojeff:
Thanks, Chucky. So it sounds like you have the same issue that I have where you can't change the HDMI when coming out of standby? I've wondered if maybe there just needs to be a delay in sending the command to give the tv enough time to power on.
what if you start the tv first with the chosen trigger and then switch to the appropriate hdmi?

chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Sun, Oct 10 2021 6:20 PM
beojeff:

If you do this you will be frustrated it takes to much time. When you normally change source.

Chucky
chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Sun, Oct 10 2021 6:28 PM
Carolpa:

what if you start the tv first with the chosen trigger and then switch to the appropriate hdmi?

You can make a custom hdmi input button, I did and assign it to for instance a control button and assign that to a mybutton. I have an Apple tv 4K next gen on a Oppo 203 attached and made a Macro in the the BLI that selects the input on the Oppo. It is a huge difference vs the HD fury but I cannot make a macro as the power on off on the Oppo is a toggle switch.

I use this to operate blinds or windows on my BR1 through a control function assigned to a mybutton. I also use flick and put them somewhere for easy accesCool

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Tue, Oct 12 2021 11:00 AM

Carolpa:

beojeff:

That's a good idea. However, if a source is already chosen, using the source again does not act as a trigger I guess this is because the BLGW doesn't see this as a change in the state. Is there a way to fire the macro again if the source is chosen again but isn't actually changing?

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Tue, Oct 12 2021 5:41 PM

beojeff:
if a source is already chosen, using the source again does not act as a trigger I guess this is because the BLGW doesn't see this as a change in the state. Is there a way to fire the macro again if the source is chosen again but isn't actually changing?
But the STATUS changes when you change from "Live TV" to for example "HDMI 1". One would expect this could be used/programmed as a trigger.  

chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Wed, Oct 13 2021 12:45 AM
beojeff:

That's a good idea. However, if a source is already chosen, using the source again does not act as a trigger I guess this is because the BLGW doesn't see this as a change in the state. Is there a way to fire the macro again if the source is chosen again but isn't actually changing?

What I do with my lights, at least the hue ones. Send the macro after 5 seconds again. It is just HDMI Input no harm done.

Could work, I think

Chucky
Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Thu, Dec 23 2021 3:13 PM
Hello to all, just an idea, in case you don’t use the profiles maybe you could use them.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS