Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoLover 4002/4004 Remote Control

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Mark
Top 500 Contributor
San Francisco
Posts 107
Bronze Member
Mark Posted: Tue, Oct 5 2021 5:45 AM

I thought I would post a report on Rudy's newest Beogram addition that I just recently installed.His new remote control option is quite a nice design and the installation is a breeze needing nothing more that a screwdriver.His blog post is here which also includes an excellent installation/operation video. Now its not cheap, but this is not going to be a high volume seller so its reasonable he make back his design time which appears to be significant including numerous 3d laser parts. While he uses the old Apple remote that many others do, I can report that I was able to transfer the codes to my Harmony remote through its learn function and simply added them to my preamp device for ease of use. The IR receiver is quite sensitive and it accepts a wide range of angles. In summary, for those not running complete B&O systems, this is a great option especially to reduce wear on your keypad and is highly recommended.

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Tue, Oct 5 2021 4:36 PM

Mark:
I thought I would post a report on Rudy's newest Beogram addition that I just recently installed.His new remote control option is quite a nice design and the installation is a breeze needing nothing more that a screwdriver.His blog post is here which also includes an excellent installation/operation video. Now its not cheap, but this is not going to be a high volume seller so its reasonable he make back his design time which appears to be significant including numerous 3d laser parts. While he uses the old Apple remote that many others do, I can report that I was able to transfer the codes to my Harmony remote through its learn function and simply added them to my preamp device for ease of use. The IR receiver is quite sensitive and it accepts a wide range of angles. In summary, for those not running complete B&O systems, this is a great option especially to reduce wear on your keypad and is highly recommended.
nice work............

but how about changing record sides? Does it work .............Wink

Mark
Top 500 Contributor
San Francisco
Posts 107
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Tue, Oct 5 2021 4:52 PM

Good point, though it does have a repeat play function. My attraction was not as much convenience or even laziness, but the fact that my turntable is 12' from my listening seat and I like that after I put on the record, I can eat to sit down and then start it as I'm now in position when it begins. After all isn't that why we have automatic turntables Big Smile.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS