Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Stage Mk2

rated by 0 users
This post has 53 Replies | 2 Followers

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
*** I wasn’t told about the price. We’ve almost finished building our place in Northumberland and there’s a space for a stage on the wall. I’ll bring out my existing stage to Qatar, and wait for the new one for the UK.

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, Oct 29 2021 6:25 PM

Indeed - much as my dealer has begun to think the 'Sound stage type' sound bar / BS5 is possibly on the cards, I'm less sure.

Yes I would buy one, but I'm in the minority - i.e someone who doesn't like their current TVs (especially for wall mounting), and would like to wall mount a G series OLED and connect to existing Beolabs.    

That is a bit of an edge case in my mind - after all the Eclipse  / Harmony and even Contour have sold probably nicely in line with their expectations, so I find it hard to believe that the lack of a fully featured Stage has been an impediment.

There's enough flexibility in their current range, albeit not for me, and I'm not convinced the business case is strong.

Anyway, even if they have begun to consider it, its likely a long way away from anyone seeing it.

Millemissen:

Mikipidia:
Well everyone says a subwoofer, i don’t think it needs it honestly, but b&o would have to make a cheaper sub then first. Because I doubt people would love buying a 19 with a stage as then you’re as close as could be to 5 grand againStick out tongue

Like you I don’t believe in a Stage MK2 with features that would match those of a current Sound Center.

If - and if at all - this would have to work differently.

Though only guesswork, one may imagine the use of the Mozart platform for a MK2 version….and for connected speakers.

This would exclude the BL19 anyway.

In order to realize this a new sub would be needed…..how about a bundle of two speakers as surrounds and a sub?

Just speculating - that is what every other ‘soundbar company’ do..

But it would be the only way to do this without compromizing the bigger Sound Center based setups - and also to stay at a competitive pricepoint.

And they have made bundles before - think Beoplay S8/Beolab14…

Well - honestly I don’t really believe in this.

And - as you say - is this all needed….the Stage is pretty good as is.

MM

chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Fri, Oct 29 2021 9:28 PM
Mikipidia:

Well everyone says a subwoofer, i don’t think it needs it honestly, but b&o would have to make a cheaper sub then first. Because I doubt people would love buying a 19 with a stage as then you’re as close as could be to 5 grand again New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

I could not care I have a BL 19 in the bedroom. It has nothing to do with price but price point. Which gamma do you aim, do you think of upselling to a balance with a stage? Then entry point should be reasonable. Imho 3K and they will be late as always so Feb or March. It will come, i have a few sources. Pricepoint no conformation what so ever but I doubt it will reach 4K. We will see Big Smile
Bw789
Not Ranked
Posts 74
Bronze Member
Bw789 replied on Sat, Oct 30 2021 4:13 PM

moxxey:

Chris Townsend:
Back to Europe today on my travels, and it appears a new stage with optional surround speakers and maybe sub are on the way post March time. All I know unfortunately!

I told the board about this in January 2021, Chris!

My dealer told me a Stage MK2 was coming and it would allow for connecting to surround speakers, but could be almost double the price of the existing Stage. Based on the Eclipse speaker.

It's taken a LONG time.

Perhaps it could just be the SoundCentre of the Eclipse sold seperately

Bw789
Not Ranked
Posts 74
Bronze Member
Bw789 replied on Sat, Oct 30 2021 4:13 PM

Duplicate post

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sat, Oct 30 2021 4:18 PM
Deleted

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sat, Oct 30 2021 4:18 PM
Bw789:

Perhaps it could just be the SoundCentre of the Eclipse sold seperately

It already can be bought separately

But you are limited with what screen you can attach to it.

For example you can’t put a 77LG with a 64 Eclipse sound centre

That’s the reason/ argument for a more flexible standalone product.
Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Nov 18 2021 3:05 PM

moxxey:
My dealer told me a Stage MK2 was coming and it would allow for
connecting to surround speakers, but could be almost double the
price of the existing Stage. Based on the Eclipse speaker.

It looks good. - Click here.

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 678
Bronze Member

Thank you for an insight man, everyone esle is megaabstract. Let's wait amd see it. 👍🏻💪🏻

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Thu, Nov 18 2021 10:14 PM
Aren’t those just pictures of the current Stage?

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
Mikipidia replied on Thu, Nov 18 2021 11:06 PM

basically, with what seems to be a 46'' tv of some kind.

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Mikipedia on Intagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikipedi4/

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Long live photoshopping Crying

The important things about a possible (as if there is one) MK2 version would be the ‘inner values’….not so much the looks.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member
Peter Pan VS Millemissen

That always makes me grab a coke and some popcorn before I put on the 3D glasses Stick out tongue

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

@Leo

Don’t forget to turn on the Atmos speakers for 3D sound too….makes it even more amazing Whistle

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Page 2 of 2 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS