Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beoremote one and vintage products control

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Doubleola
Not Ranked
Berlin
Posts 55
Gold Member
Doubleola Posted: Fri, Nov 5 2021 8:01 PM

is it possible to use Beoremote one with Beogram CD, Record deck and Beocords connected to Vintage Beomasters like Beomaster 4500, 6500 and 7000. Looking for an alternative to beolink 1000 and beolink 7000 to simplify remote controls.

Soren
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 115
Bronze Member
Soren replied on Fri, Nov 5 2021 8:10 PM

I am using a BeoRemote One for my Beosystem 7000, It works perfect, you just have to set your BeoRemote to “Beo4 A/V” mode

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
Posts 271
Bronze Member

As Soren says it will work. The pro is that you can rename sources to make things a bit easier for the family. The downside is that the navigation keys on the BR1 don’t correspond to the ‘arrows’ on the Beo4. Instead you’ll have to use P+ and P- for up and down, and << and >> for left and right. Go maps to the play button

This May not be a big deal for many sources and you might find that key layout intuitive. I suspect it will depend on your system and components. I didn’t and ended up using a Lintronic box to remap things for a while, but never got it to work that reliably. In the end I switched back to a Beo4 for my Beomaster 7000, and kept the BR1 for the modern products 

Doubleola
Not Ranked
Berlin
Posts 55
Gold Member
Doubleola replied on Sat, Nov 6 2021 10:38 AM

Thanks for the tips Soren and L Spad. This is great to know. I assume once you switch to Beo 4 mode for vintage sources, you can still control latest products like TV’s, multiroom speakers etc but with some limitations and only IR?

I will play around  Really looking for one remote to rule them all  

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS