Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

What Blue Ray Player to add to B&O???

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Bärchen
Not Ranked
Posts 41
Bronze Member
Bärchen Posted: Wed, Nov 10 2021 8:29 AM

Good day, I want to add a blue-ray player to my system. I 'm looking for a compact player I might even hide behind my Eclipse 65". I also want to control with IR over the TV Remote. Appreciate any suggestions. 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Pretty much any - if you are only concerned about playback of UHD/Bluray discs.

However, you won’t find any that can work horizontaly (for behind the Eclipse) - but, if there is space enough…no problem.

As for which one - I suggest, that you find a couple, that you like and then look in the PUC table of the system, whether they are supported or not.

By the way - you will be able to control (at least the basic functions) connecting almost any player to the LG using CEC for control.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

355f
Top 500 Contributor
cambridge/london
Posts 119
Bronze Member
355f replied on Wed, Nov 10 2021 10:19 AM

Ive been using the Panasonic ub820 UHD player- PUC operates it perefectly on n my eclipse

swestland
Not Ranked
Netherlands
Posts 73
Gold Member
swestland replied on Wed, Nov 10 2021 10:44 AM

Oppo UDP-203 have always been one of the best Bluray players, they are not produced anymore but there are some stockist that still sell them. For example here they still sell them https://www.oppostore.nl/en/udp-203.html not cheap though. 

Looks like the Reavon UBR X100 is a new top end Bluray player. If you want to add SACD and DSD support as well as analogue audio outputs, then you’ll need to go for the more expensive Reavon UBR-X200 instead.

- Beovision Eclipse 55 Mk2 - Beolab 19 - Beosound Shape - Oppo UDP-203

Bärchen
Not Ranked
Posts 41
Bronze Member
Bärchen replied on Fri, Nov 12 2021 8:43 AM
Thanks for the answer

Bärchen
Not Ranked
Posts 41
Bronze Member
Bärchen replied on Fri, Nov 12 2021 8:44 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. Might be a little to heavy on my pocket ;-) Only view very little blue ray‘s and looking for a compact, small device
L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
Posts 271
Bronze Member
L Spad replied on Sat, Nov 13 2021 9:28 AM

Panasonic do so nice quality players at reasonable prices - obviously won’t be as good as an oppo, but it’s a different price range all together. Check out the which or what HiFi reviews 

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sun, Nov 14 2021 8:58 AM

We're using some Sony BDP-S500 blu-ray players with B&O. Works fine, fits in the B&O cabinets.
The variants without a motorized front (e.g BDP-S300 etc.) are easier if you want to hide them away.

Living room is fed by a Denon Blu-ray transport. To be fair the only reason I bought the Denon was its availability in silver to fit the B&O cabinets :-D
Sony didn't make any silver variants... sadly.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS