Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

New TV...

rated by 0 users
This post has 27 Replies | 3 Followers

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
PhilLondon Posted: Sat, Mar 17 2012 6:11 PM
Just been told by a dealer that a new TV to be released in Spring (not the BV12, not a Beovision, but a TV in the B&O Play range) would have some Apple specific features/connections...

I am guessing an iPod dock or Airplay support.

Exciting! Good to see some new products that will appeal, maybe not to existing B&O customers, but to some new customers...

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

markiedee
Top 200 Contributor
UK
Posts 425
Bronze Member
markiedee replied on Sat, Mar 17 2012 6:21 PM

Although it will be from the b&0 play range i think that it will still be too expensive for a market that doesn't really know about b&0.

Beoplay A2

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
Well, the Beosound 8 is really expensive I think and it is selling like hot cakes...

markiedee
Top 200 Contributor
UK
Posts 425
Bronze Member
markiedee replied on Sat, Mar 17 2012 9:32 PM

It's funny because i happened to go into a B&0 store yesterday to check out the bv12 and i have to say that it's the best picture that i have seen to date and i asked about any possible news about the new entry tv.

He said that he had seen a dummy version he also said that it looked fun and also resembled a loewe a little but he didn't divulge much more info as he said that it could still change as it is still in development.

Beoplay A2

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Sat, Mar 17 2012 10:04 PM
I have been told the same yesterday by a dealer. A new entry TV, a bit like Loewe and with a new chassis (V1). This chassis would afterwards come also into the other Beovisions, also with integrated hard disk for recordings. But possible this new chassis will also be the end of masterlink.

Regards

Raeuber
Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

Interesting post :-)  The real question I suppose is how many years before it's actually available for purchase :-)  I think integrated HDD or dongle capability for recording makes good sense.  

Regards

Michael. 

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sun, Mar 18 2012 9:24 AM

PhilLondon:

Just been told by a dealer that a new TV to be released in Spring (not the BV12, not a Beovision, but a TV in the B&O Play range)

Haven't we been discussing this for about a year? :)

It's supposed to look like a cross between the BV10 and an Apple Cinema Display, will be their new entry-level TV, part of the B&O Play and versioning undecided.

Should be around £2500 in 32/40" sizes.

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

We've been talking about an entry level TV, but the news from the dealer is that it is about to be released (ok, we all know what it means when we're talking about B&O), and that it'll have some special Apple iGadget connectivity or features. He even said, "developed in collaboration with Apple". I had never heard that before.

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Sun, Mar 18 2012 9:52 AM
Apple is developing their iTV and will NEVER colaborate with B&O. Probably Apple will allow B&O to sell their new entry level TV in their stores (although I don't believe this).
PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
PhilLondon replied on Sun, Mar 18 2012 10:10 AM
I tend to agree with you, that's why I originally didn't mention the collaboration thing... And that really surprised me when he said that.

That said if you take an airplay or an iPod dock development license, you do get access to some apple engineer to help you finalise your product.

The new CEO has met Steve jobs a while ago I think, I wouldn't be surprise some B&O technology appears in some apple products... I am thinking ice power amp in apple tv.

hotknife
Top 100 Contributor
Germany
Posts 840
Bronze Member
hotknife replied on Sun, Mar 18 2012 11:16 AM

I think regarding Masterlink we will find a converter from B&O very soon.

But I was told the "new TV" will not have any Powerlink socket for add. B&O speaker (stand alone TV).

LOEWE bild 5.55 OLED + AppleTV; BS4; BL9; BL8000 MKII all black

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Sun, Mar 18 2012 12:17 PM
Ok, probably a converter to connect the old masterlink devices. But the new devices will not have a masterlink connection any more, because masterlink is analogue.

Masterlink has no future, streaming audio and video all over the house will be the future.

/Raeuber
hotknife
Top 100 Contributor
Germany
Posts 840
Bronze Member
hotknife replied on Sun, Mar 18 2012 7:01 PM

Apple TV production will start May/June

(sorry guys link only in german)

http://www.computerbild.de/artikel/avf-Aktuell-TV-iTV-Apple-Smart-Flachbildfernseher-HD-Geruechte-6370966.html

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Mar 18 2012 11:04 PM

hotknife:

Apple TV production will start May/June

(sorry guys link only in german)

http://www.computerbild.de/artikel/avf-Aktuell-TV-iTV-Apple-Smart-Flachbildfernseher-HD-Geruechte-6370966.html

google translation => http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.computerbild.de%2Fartikel%2Favf-Aktuell-TV-iTV-Apple-Smart-Flachbildfernseher-HD-Geruechte-6370966.html

BeoNut since '75

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Mar 19 2012 12:02 AM

PhilLondon:
I tend to agree with you, that's why I originally didn't mention the collaboration thing... And that really surprised me when he said that.

No, I started a thread on that very subject a few weeks ago. I think it's in the old forum. Dealer mentioned it was out in a few months, description, price etc.

I don't think it's really much news anyhow. Just dealer talk. Not much more info than we already knew (before he told me).

I'm not concerned about buying an entry level B&O (no masterlink etc) TV. I don't see the point. It's almost certainly going to be Chinese made, so that will fuel another debate, too :)

Peter
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 84
Bronze Member
Peter replied on Wed, Mar 28 2012 9:19 AM

Hi Guys,

I visited my local dealer the other day to check out the new BV 12, which is of course wonderful, but beyond my reach..

He told me the Beoplay TV, 30¨  (price approx: 3000 Euros) and 40¨( price approx 4000 Euros) and will be launched within a month! (!!)
I don't know if i missed it here on the the site…but aren't there any spy pictures out yet?

He told me they will not have Masterlink but Sourround modules.Then he probably realized he already told me too much, so I didn't get much more info ;-)

Anyone has more details to share? Im excited…  

/P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beovision 7-40 Mk VI, Beovision 3-32, Beovision AV9000, Beovision AV5, Beolab 8000, 6000, 5000, 3000, 2000,  Beocenter 2300, 9000, Beocenter 2, DVD1, DVD2, Beogram 3300, LC2, Beolit 12, 3 x AppleTV

hotknife
Top 100 Contributor
Germany
Posts 840
Bronze Member
hotknife replied on Wed, Mar 28 2012 5:23 PM

Disign like Loewe Connect, without Masterlink, without Powerlike sockets. It is a standalone TV. Should be presentated to the dealer next month.

Thats what my 2 dealers in Germany told me a couple of minutes ago.

So there is not a TV in the future replacing the BV8-40.

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
France
Posts 646
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Wed, Mar 28 2012 6:38 PM

So it is almost the same price then the BV8 range without link possibilitiesSad

If I remember well in the previous forum, the foreseen price was 2300-3000€ depending on the size... and now 3-4000€...

I'm curious to see and hear it to decide if I buy it or if I wait for the TV from Apple...

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member

I Think £3,000 for a 40' B&O TV sounds very reasonable(more reasonable anyway). It is £2,000 cheaper than the 8, so good value for money,and you can get a great deal of AV receiver for £2,000 if you want that added.

And apparently it doesn't have a face for radio, unlike the 8Whistle

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
France
Posts 646
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Wed, Mar 28 2012 7:31 PM

In this case yes but 3000€ as npalund told it before is quite a lot now for a 32".

Luke
Not Ranked
Brisbane Australia
Posts 59
Bronze Member
Luke replied on Wed, Mar 28 2012 10:35 PM

The only thing that concerns me with this product is their small sizes compared to the market norm.  I'm not sure if many people are going to go from a living room standard 50" to a 40" or 32" - and pay more for it?

BL90, BL5 x 2, BL9, BL8000 x 2, Penta III x 2, Penta II, BL2, BL4, BL2500, RL6000 x 3, MS150, MS150.2, A9, A1, A2, P2, Beolit 12/17, S70, CX50, CX100, Beovox 2500, BS9000 x 2, BS3000, BS4, BC2, BS1,  Moment, Essence MkII x 2, BS5 Encore, BG8002, BC8002, BM8002, BG5500, BV7-40 MkIII, BV11-55, BV Avant 85", BC5, H8, E8, Form 2, A8...Serene

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Thu, Mar 29 2012 12:04 AM

markiedee:
He said that he had seen a dummy version he also said that it looked fun and also resembled a loewe a little but he didn't divulge much more info as he said that it could still change as it is still in development.

If it's going to be launched this spring, I guess the development phase is over Wink

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Thu, Mar 29 2012 12:12 AM

Chris Townsend:

I Think £3,000 for a 40' B&O TV sounds very reasonable(more reasonable anyway). It is £2,000 cheaper than the 8, so good value for money,and you can get a great deal of AV receiver for £2,000 if you want that added.

So You say, that the BV8 costed £5,000 in UK??? That's almost twice the price in Denmark...Huh?

markiedee
Top 200 Contributor
UK
Posts 425
Bronze Member
markiedee replied on Thu, Mar 29 2012 2:13 PM

I definately agree with luke besides how nice a B&0 tv looks imo the price for size ratio is abit poor you will be getting alot more from other brands with more tech and bigger sizes, paying 3000 euros for a 32" is plain crazy i think it would have been really good for b&0 to at least bring a 46" into the mix instead of just a 32" and 40".

i know some people don't like big screens but sometimes for that immersive movie experience an increase in size is needed and that's where i think a 46" would have been perfect for this b&0 play range.

I know alot of you will most probably dissagree with me but for me this new entry level tv  will have to really blow me away to even consider downgrading to a 40" again.

Beoplay A2

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Thu, Mar 29 2012 4:39 PM

Personally this is just what I'm looking for for the front room.

Very interesting...

johnnielse
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Bronze Member

The B&O Play TV has already been confirmed by Bang & Olufsen:

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.php?subaction=showfull&id=1328887027

Some more information in this Beoworld thread:

http://archivedarchivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/43154/358809.aspx

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 2:01 PM

"FlatpanelsHD can exclusively reveal that a B&O PLAY TV is coming."

We knew that months ago (and before that article date).

People keep posting the same stuff. There's a new TV coming, it will be about £2500, will be featured-limited and part of B&O Play. We've known that for a long time now. We need new info, not references to the same stuff :)

windmacher
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member

i found it in the Web....

Page 1 of 1 (28 items) | RSS