Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Odd moment when I switch on Sky Q on my Beovision Eclipse

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 2 Followers

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 315
Bronze Member
thorne Posted: Sat, Nov 13 2021 7:19 PM

Recently when I turn on Sky Q, I get the ATV HDMI2 icon at the top of the screen. Don’t get me wrong, I am tuned into SkyQ , it’s just the wrong icon at the top of the screen.  So not desperately worried, just annoying. This is a recent phenomenon. Can it be corrected?

Thanks

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 263
Bronze Member
thorne:

Recently when I turn on Sky Q, I get the ATV HDMI2 icon at the top of the screen. Don’t get me wrong, I am tuned into SkyQ , it’s just the wrong icon at the top of the screen. So not desperately worried, just annoying. This is a recent phenomenon. Can it be corrected?

Thanks

I have reported a similar issue to B&O support.

When I start my Eclipse 1st gen from stand by, the info line at the top of the screen shows the source that was active when I turned off the Eclipse. This is however only the case for sources connected to or built in to the Sound Center. This issue started after the latest sw update.

B&O first line support have forwarded the issue to technical support, and I’m still waiting for their answer (3 weeks now) …

PS: When I activate the same or a new Sound Center source again, the info line gets updated ok.

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Living room: Beovision Eclipse 55, Beolab 3 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 / R1 (sub), AppleTV 4K. Bedroom: Beovision 11-40, AppleTV 4. Home office: Beoplay M5. Kitchen: Beoplay M5. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
Posts 1,710
Founder
thorne:

Recently when I turn on Sky Q, I get the ATV HDMI2 icon at the top of the screen. Don’t get me wrong, I am tuned into SkyQ , it’s just the wrong icon at the top of the screen. So not desperately worried, just annoying. This is a recent phenomenon. Can it be corrected?

Thanks

Yes from latest update.

There will be an update soon to fix some problem!

BeoVision Haermony 65"...BeoLab 28 Anthracite....BeoLab 17 as REAR....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beogram 4002....Beoplay Emerge....Beoplay M5....Beoplay M3....Beoremote Halo....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H95 Black LTD....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 315
Bronze Member
thorne replied on Sat, Nov 13 2021 10:19 PM

Hi thanks for useful reply. I get the ATV line even when I tune into sky q, turn off, then tune into sky q again. But I guess it’s much the same problem. We’ll wait for the update

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 315
Bronze Member
thorne replied on Mon, Nov 15 2021 12:48 PM

Fingers crossed, but I seem to have solved the issue by simply switching off the Eclipse at the mains for a few minutes, then switching back on

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 315
Bronze Member
thorne replied on Wed, Nov 17 2021 10:38 PM

Spoke too soon. I’ll wait for update!

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 315
Bronze Member
thorne replied on Sat, Nov 20 2021 5:47 PM

Would appreciate a nudge when the update happens and all is well

thanks

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 315
Bronze Member
thorne replied on Tue, Jan 4 2022 10:43 PM

Any news on this issue?

I am still experiencing the same problem

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 263
Bronze Member
thorne:

Any news on this issue?

I am still experiencing the same problem

My Eclipse 1st gen was updated to sw 5.0.48206 monday this week.

Problem is not fixed.

Living room: Beovision Eclipse 55, Beolab 3 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 / R1 (sub), AppleTV 4K. Bedroom: Beovision 11-40, AppleTV 4. Home office: Beoplay M5. Kitchen: Beoplay M5. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

swestland
Not Ranked
Netherlands
Posts 73
Gold Member

I saw this in another forum about LG Oled tvs, (I don't know if this relates to your issue but it's worth taking a look and playing around):

Go to settings with a long press of the gear icon
- connections
- device connections
- choose your device
- choose HDMI port
- press right on device reset 
- press next, and next again
- choose the brand in the search field, press next en do the configuration.

I translated this from Dutch to English and I don't own the eclipse yet so not sure if I choose the correct words, but let me know if it helps.

Another tip, In order to hard-reboot the WebOS:

Go to General, About this TV, User Agreement. Change the agreements to outside EER off. The TV tells you that the license have been changed and needs to reboot. Now this will hard reboot the TV, withouth having to unplug the power.

- Beovision Eclipse 55 Mk2 - Beolab 19 - Beosound Shape - Oppo UDP-203

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 315
Bronze Member
thorne replied on Fri, Jan 14 2022 7:37 PM

Same here!

Martin
Top 200 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 357
Silver Member
Martin replied on Sat, Jan 15 2022 2:10 PM

I have a 2nd edition Eclipse (G1 screen) and have also the same problem with wrong name on the source when switching between HDMI sources from standby.

/Martin

NEW! Beovision Eclipse 65 2nd generation (G1) with floorstand (from STB Brackets), Beolab 50 front, Beolab 3 rear, 2 x Beoplay A6 linkrooms, 2xBeoremote one BT, Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Beosound 5 (for DLNA only),  Philips Hue (all lights in the home), Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K (2021 model). Beoremote HALO, 3xBeoplay Charging pad, Beoplay M5

swestland
Not Ranked
Netherlands
Posts 73
Gold Member

Got my eclipse yesterday and I'm having the same issue. Haven't really fiddled around with it yet, anyone found a solution? Everything works OK, but it just shows the wrong input name. 

- Beovision Eclipse 55 Mk2 - Beolab 19 - Beosound Shape - Oppo UDP-203

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 315
Bronze Member
thorne replied on Tue, Feb 15 2022 10:41 PM

Still no solution from me. I contacted B&O support who have escalated the issue, so we’ll wait and see!

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 315
Bronze Member
thorne replied on Wed, Feb 16 2022 2:19 PM

I received the following reply from B&O support 

Our management has reviewed your case and has advised that soundcenter is "telling" the screen to display this info, but the TV ignores this message and will display the previously used source. This is issue has been reported to LG some time ago by our product development team but we are currently still waiting on a resolution from LG. 

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 263
Bronze Member
thorne:

Our management has reviewed your case and has advised that soundcenter is "telling" the screen to display this info, but the TV ignores this message and will display the previously used source. This is issue has been reported to LG some time ago by our product development team but we are currently still waiting on a resolution from LG.

I find this reply from B&O a bit strange.

I have an Eclipse 1st gen, and the problem first occured when the Soundcenter was updated on 13-Oct-2021 to sw 4.1.47188.

In the two years I have had my Eclipse, no updates to the screen part has taken place, so I think it must be due to a change in the Soundcenter sw, and thus something that B&O should be able to fix without involving LG …

andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
Englandshire
Posts 223
Bronze Member
andy_js replied on Thu, Feb 17 2022 11:21 AM
thorne:

Ah the joys of outsourcing.
thorne
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 315
Bronze Member
thorne replied on Thu, Feb 17 2022 4:33 PM

Hi

you make a good point. Buck passing?

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS