Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Former Apple senior executive Steve Zadesky hired to assist B&O….

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen Posted: Wed, Nov 17 2021 9:39 PM

I was not able to yet find a similar announcement in english, but here is a link to a danish article.

Feel free to use a translating service.

https://www.recordere.dk/2021/11/han-var-med-til-at-udvikle-iphone-nu-skal-han-hjaelpe-bo/

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Thu, Nov 18 2021 12:18 AM

About 10 years too late, but respect to Kristian Tear for looking to bring more good people to the team in the first instance.

I'm sure he cringes when he sees some of the poor decisions made previously.  Much as I liked the man I believe Torben started the decline.  Then, Kalle the engineer set the technical framework, and Tue sprinkled his Harvard magic on the product line with the high margin plastic products to keep the ship afloat.

There are some brilliant people at B&O.  I just feel they have always needed to be a little less Danish in their approach, and I mean that affectionately.

I wish B&O the very, very best going forwards. I hope they employ the best people to make the best products. :)

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
Mikipidia replied on Thu, Nov 18 2021 12:50 AM
That’s, uhm, very unoptimisticHuh?

Am i missing something?

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Mikipedia on Intagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikipedi4/

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Csaba
Top 500 Contributor
Oslo, Norway
Posts 216
Bronze Member
Csaba replied on Thu, Nov 18 2021 1:19 AM

Norwegian works too ;). Thanks for sharing! Interesting hire by B&O, I cannot see why his expertise wouldn’t help. I’m super excited about what the next 4 years will bring for B&O. Insane to think that they might bring something special to the table by year 100, while there is a pandemic and supply chain crisis raging out there. Peter and Svend wouldn’t have believed anything of our reality today 96 years ago. I wish B&O the very best for the future. I’m going to be here and already planning to buy something for me for their 100th birthday ;).

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Mikipidia:

Am i missing something?

No, that is just 9 LEE….nothing new Embarrassed

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

ed7
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 106
Bronze Member
ed7 replied on Thu, Nov 18 2021 9:48 AM

Better late than never!!

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Fri, Nov 19 2021 10:33 PM

Mikipidia:

Am i missing something?

You're missing nothing at all. Smile

I have watched the slow and very tragic decline of B&O as a brand here in the UK, and of course witnessed the fallout from that first-hand.  I watched poor decision after poor decision coming from the top, much to the despair of the dealer network who were shouting at B&O UK what they wanted - and customers were asking for. They were ignored. B&O knew better..

They didn't.

However, this is in the past - and of course I have optimism for Bang & Olufsen!  As I have said, and will always say, they have some great people on board and I always love going to Struer.  Without fail it always reignites my love and passion for the brand, every time.  The ethos remains, and I get a very good feeling that Kristian Tear is the right man for the job.

B&O will survive and prosper. It is in their DNA to do so. Yes - thumbs up

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS