Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Survey: getting to know your habits

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 0 Followers

clao
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
clao Posted: Mon, Nov 22 2021 10:45 AM
Hello there, 

My name is Clara and I am a Product Management Intern in B&O. I would like to understand your daily listening habits in your home environment with the purpose of uncovering necessities and improving our product and service offerings through the survey in the following link:

https://bangolufsen.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6QlceJ43Fenkwbs

It should take no longer than 7 minutes to complete. All responded data will be processed confidentially and will only be shared with Bang & Olufsen.
If you have any questions about the survey, you can contact Clara Astigarraga at CLAO@bang-olufsen.dk
Thanks for helping B&O!
Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Nov 22 2021 2:11 PM

Survey done - thanks for reaching out.

If there was a -ve number for importance of voice assistants I would have voted -ve.

I entered 1 (out of 5) - I would liked to have voted -5.

swestland
Not Ranked
Netherlands
Posts 73
Gold Member
swestland replied on Mon, Nov 22 2021 3:49 PM

It looks like your survey is assuming all people have a bluetooth speaker of some kind... I filled out 3.1 Hifi system. 

- Beovision Eclipse 55 Mk2 - Beolab 19 - Beosound Shape - Oppo UDP-203

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

I did it too.

I left that question out, because I could not choose 0 (zero).

Generally I had expected more (in depth going) questions………how much time one spends, if ‘music’ is playing all the time or just occasionally, if family members listen to the same or different, whether one prefers a streaming service, physical media or local files, how much time spend on ‘radio listening’ compared to ‘music listening’ etc etc.

But maybe these few questions/answers are enought for the Product Management to decide for what to offer in the future Unsure

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

swestland:

It looks like your survey is assuming all people have a bluetooth speaker of some kind... I filled out 3.1 Hifi system. 

Agree - it seemed rather ‘bluetooth device oriented’.

Maybe we are the wrong people to ask…..we who have our houses full of Beovisions, Beosounds and Beolab speakers.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Nov 22 2021 5:28 PM
Millemissen:

I did it too.

I left that question out, because I could not choose 0 (zero).

Generally I had expected more (in depth going) questions………how much time one spends, if ‘music’ is playing all the time or just occasionally , if family members listen to the same or different, whether one prefers a streaming service, physical media or local files, how much time spend on ‘radio listening’ compared to ‘music listening’ etc etc.

But maybe these few questions/answers are enought for the Product Management to decide for what to offer in the future

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Agreed, though if I remember correctly, the other surveys were pretty simple (or focused if you like!).

I guess in aggregate the surveys together will perhaps tell them a story. Perhaps.
chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Mon, Nov 22 2021 5:33 PM

Done.

I couldn’t care less about voice operated devices. I’m into vintage stuff you see. But I also use a Bluetooth adapter!

Jacques

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Mon, Nov 22 2021 5:33 PM

Done.

I couldn’t care less about voice operated devices. I’m into vintage stuff you see. But I also use a Bluetooth adapter!

Jacques

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Hague, The Netherlands
Posts 768
Bronze Member
Fansastic replied on Mon, Nov 22 2021 6:16 PM
Done and maybe not the adequate target group as the survey does not include any products in the beosound / beovision / multiroom ecosystem (apart from bluetooth speakers).

Hope it helps

BV Harmony 65 / Eclipse 55 / BL 50 / 19 / 18 / BS 2 all brass

BV Horizon 48 / V1 40 / BL 17 / Beoplay S3 all black

V1 / BL 3 / BS Essence MKII / Beoplay A3 all white

BS Moment / BS 3000 / BS 3200 / BL 400 all silver

Headphones / bluetooth speakers / BLC NL-ML / BLGateway

I know…B&O virus has grown on me ! 

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Nov 22 2021 7:50 PM

Sandyb:

Bizarre. I use this all the time across my speakers - once you get used to it, far easier to control, turn off, switch to another channel or similar. 

Csaba
Top 500 Contributor
Oslo, Norway
Posts 216
Bronze Member
Csaba replied on Mon, Nov 22 2021 7:59 PM

One thing I’ll never understand enough is why most surveys neglect offering a freetext field for comments. Such a simple thing to set up and you get all the nuances related or unrelated to the rest of the questions.

I have also chosen Bluetooth speakers that are not primarily BT speakers but are capable of that connectivity option too. And yes, what about vinyl if I’ve specified that? Just recently my dream has come true thanks to the Mozart + BeoLink beta when I could finally connect my record player to my Balance and share it via the B&O app with my Beosound 1. However, when my 1-year-old goes to sleep, my loyal friend H95 will keep me in good company. I might even connect my H95 to my record player. I might sometimes only listen to music on one speaker, digitally from my phone. No radio, no streaming.

When it comes to Google or any other voice assistant, I always choose a speaker without one. It is plenty easy to do a few taps on my phone or walk over for a tactile experience.

There are so many stories here, judging by the other comments, and I feel like this survey didn’t get that message across for my part.

The intention is very much appreciated though!

OlivierC
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Bronze Member
OlivierC replied on Mon, Nov 22 2021 8:08 PM
Well, while I do agree with most of the comments here, I have to say that personally having the chance to control a device with voice while I am cooking (dirty / busy hands) or having a bath would be a nice feature.

I am thinking about tasks such as changing / skipping track or radio station, controlling the volume, play / pause.

Olivier
Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Nov 22 2021 8:18 PM

Take your point, but voice is just not for me.

One,  I hate having mics listening in - yes yes, I know my phone is probably listening to me anyway, but I'm not throwing a whole load more mic enabled devices into the mix, and I want zero part of any Google voice enabled device. Giving up a bit of my privacy is one thing, making my abode an open house is another. 

Secondly, I find speaking commands out loud into the ether an odd thing (for me) to do.

If voice interfaces were sophisticated enough to do what I want, I might perhaps use them. But until then.....

But even in a simple case, volume up on my BV, picking up the remote and pressing a button has never struck me as a pain nor slow. Voice may be fractionally quicker, but its not a no brainer. We're not exactly comparing the convenience of a dishwasher vs washing dishes by hand, for example.

So - far easier to do do simple things remotes do well? Far from compelling, especially with all the downsides (to me) of having mics everywhere.

moxxey:

Sandyb:

Bizarre. I use this all the time across my speakers - once you get used to it, far easier to control, turn off, switch to another channel or similar. 

BrianP
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Bronze Member
BrianP replied on Mon, Nov 22 2021 9:14 PM
@Clara/B&O - I was confused about the scale 1-5 for voice control. I do not like voice control and voted 5 as I thought 1 was the best. I read that others understood it different, so it would be a good idea to specify the scale.
Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Mon, Nov 22 2021 9:48 PM
clao:

Hello there, My name is Clara and I am a Product Management Intern in B&O. I would like to understand your daily listening habits in your home environment with the purpose of uncovering necessities and improving our product and service offerings through the survey in the following link:

https://bangolufsen.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6QlceJ43Fenkwbs It should take no longer than 7 minutes to complete. All responded data will be processed confidentially and will only be shared with Bang & Olufsen. If you have any questions about the survey, you can contact Clara Astigarraga at CLAO@bang-olufsen.dk Thanks for helping B&O!

Survey done. Thanks for asking for our input!

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
Posts 591
Bronze Member

clao:

Hello there, My name is Clara and I am a Product Management Intern in B&O. I would like to understand your daily listening habits in your home environment with the purpose of uncovering necessities and improving our product and service offerings through the survey in the following link:

Fairly abrupt survey.

"like to understand your daily listening habits in your home environment"......then kills further input when the person responding indicates a zero interest in voice activation?

Improving products and uncovering necessities hey, or reconfirming even better ways to make more products no one wants to buy?

Csaba
Top 500 Contributor
Oslo, Norway
Posts 216
Bronze Member
Csaba replied on Tue, Nov 23 2021 11:38 AM

BrianP:
@Clara/B&O - I was confused about the scale 1-5 for voice control. I do not like voice control and voted 5 as I thought 1 was the best. I read that others understood it different, so it would be a good idea to specify the scale.

I was confused too, until I tried to see if I got any descriptions by turning my phone in landscape mode. That actually showed me more info above the choices than just numbers.

Mikael
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 179
Bronze Member
Mikael replied on Tue, Nov 23 2021 12:34 PM

I love the VA features, but as I've changed to a Multiroom setup with Spotify Connect as the primary source I rarely use GVA to activate music anymore, as doing so would prohibit me from expanding the listening experience to other multiroom speakers as GVA starts playing Spotify using chromecast and not Spotify Connect. 

I know this is a Google limitation, and as such it will properly never change. And that is a shame as starting music and expanding it to other multiroom speakers would have been a very convenient feature. 

Beovision Eclipse gen2 (GX) w/ floorstand, Beolab 14.2, 4 speaker Shape and ATV4/Chromecast.

Beoplay A9mk4 GVA, Beosound 1 GVA, H2, H3, H8, E6, Beoplay EQ

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS