Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

B&O service / repair in Southern California

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

tom
Not Ranked
topanga, ca
Posts 5
Bronze Member
tom Posted: Mon, Nov 22 2021 8:31 PM

hi there - i am desperately in need of some B&O TLC in Southern California. i don't want to go back to Tek Media in Burbank, for reasons i won't elaborate here, but to the point where i've actually considered giving up the B&O lifestyle, so you can see how serious things are.

i gather Tek are the only licensed service people in the state, so i'm wishing to find someone who tinkers at home, or a generally-licensed service person (none that i called would touch B&O) as an alternative.

I have a 9500 Beogram and center with multiple issues, eg one of the speaker channels - 1 right, i think - is out; and the Beogram is (still) awaiting an estimate in Burbank for loss of power, but it has mostly served me very well for years.

any advice eagerly welcome - thank you!

Curly
Top 200 Contributor
FL, USA
Posts 366
Gold Member
Curly replied on Mon, Nov 22 2021 9:46 PM

Tom, I know B&O Southern California has multiple locations. You could try them, right?

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, Beosound Level, Beosound A1 2nd Gen, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Halo, Essence Remote

Previously: BeoSound 1 non-GVA

tom
Not Ranked
topanga, ca
Posts 5
Bronze Member
tom replied on Mon, Nov 22 2021 10:04 PM

thanks - they all send the gear to Tek in Burbank it seems (or advise to take equipment there directly.) i was told that Tek are literally the only licensed B&O service people in the state ugh 

trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 644
Bronze Member
trackbeo replied on Tue, Nov 23 2021 5:23 AM

Call Scottsdale (480-515-9288) and ask if they use Tek too?  It used to be that repairs were driven & dropped-off/delivered because commercial shipping often led to damage.  Maybe they had someone local instead of driving the equipment all the way to LA?  If so, you would have to drive the 6 hours with your 9500...

tom
Not Ranked
topanga, ca
Posts 5
Bronze Member
tom replied on Tue, Nov 23 2021 3:39 PM

thank you yeah - i'm getting used to the idea we might have to go on a road trip

evereddie
Not Ranked
SF Bay Area
Posts 44
Gold Member
evereddie replied on Thu, Nov 25 2021 6:51 AM

You could also try:

STONE ELECTRONICS
7928 Beverly Blvd. Los Angeles, California 90048

Phone No. 323-931-2838 Fax 323-931-7116

I have seen several good reviews and sent my Beogram 3300 to Joe for repair. I haven't picked it up yet because it's a road trip from the Bay Area. Next week, I hope.

Caveat emptor

tom
Not Ranked
topanga, ca
Posts 5
Bronze Member
tom replied on Fri, Nov 26 2021 8:36 PM

that's brilliant - thank you very much indeed!

i got bagged by thanksgiving, but he'll be seeing me on monday

BeoFrederic
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 276
Gold Member
tom:

that's brilliant - thank you very much indeed!

i got bagged by thanksgiving, but he'll be seeing me on monday

Hi Tom: can you give an update on your repair adventures in SoCal? I’m in the same boat — I’m in NorCal, with an ailing BC9500, looking for someone who can *actually* repair it. Dealer recommends Tek, btw.
tom
Not Ranked
topanga, ca
Posts 5
Bronze Member
tom replied on Fri, Dec 17 2021 1:39 AM

apologies - i've been a bit slow in updating, but the bottom line is that Joe is great

So, thank you very much evereddie - you totally solved my longstanding and worrisome problem.

Joe knows the B&O secrets. Most repair people, it seems, do not, and thus will not touch B&O gear. As mentioned, Tek Media have been noticably lacking (and expensive) on 4/4 occasions - BeoFrederic, I was told they are the only licensed B&O repair people in the whole state.

Joe is at STONE ELECTRONICS, 7928 Beverly Blvd. Los Angeles, California 90048 tel. (323) 931-2838

He is reasonably priced, clearly knowledgable, and informative. I felt very confident leaving the Beogram with him, and it came back this weekend working great. He gave an informal warranty. I am so pleased to have found him, for all electronic needs. He'll be seeing my Beocentre also at some point.

BeoFrederic
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 276
Gold Member
Thanks for the review, Tom.
BeoMegaMan
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 601
Bronze Member

Try reaching out to Adams Electronics 714.848.0110. You can also use the Classic Service Center - Modular Electronics but that would require shipping. If the unit is pack properly. I.E transport screws - platter removed - boxed & wrapped well - you can send it to him. Benny does a great job there.

Ah, you know... A little B&O here, a little there 

evereddie
Not Ranked
SF Bay Area
Posts 44
Gold Member

I picked up my Beogram from Joe a couple of weeks ago. He demonstrated that the issue I brought it in for was repaired. By the time I got home and checked it, there was another issue that wasn't there before. 

There was another Beogram on the counter that I suspect was sent to Tek for repair.

If it wasn't so far away, I would return. I'll probably send it to another shop.

I hope your experience is better.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS