Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolink Gateway

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

perriama
Not Ranked
Posts 30
Bronze Member
perriama Posted: Wed, Dec 1 2021 11:02 AM

I have had a love-hate relationship with the Beolink Gateway. At the moment I am loving it.

I recently purchased a Beosound Stage (my first foray into the NL products) along with an LG C14.  Followed the setup for controlling the pair with a Beoremote One, with the intension of eventually getting my hands on one, but just for a bit of fun decided to add the Stage to the Beolink gateway. So now I can control the TV from the Gateway through the Stage! and with the Khimo integration control it all from voice.

What a great piece of kit

chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Fri, Dec 3 2021 9:05 PM
Did you install the LG driver as wel?

It was a bit of a hassle but should work without a stage as wel.

I am not using it only for 4k sources as I am using bs4”s

Kr Chucky

Ps: Nice for Christmas, I have the Twinkly lights in the BLI through HASSIO as wel.

perriama
Not Ranked
Posts 30
Bronze Member

Thanks for the info. Chucky. My Beolink gateway is the old legacy product, so not sure if the LG driver is available for it?  I wanted to attached my HASSIO configuration to it, but was told by Khimo that it was only available for the newer BLI product, which is unfortunate.

chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Mon, Dec 6 2021 5:56 PM
Jup I use hassio. If you get it stable it is great but it took forever to get it stable.

Besides hassio with BLI does not integrate with LG it only supports blinds skylights lights and alarms.

You can try and work with ip or use a Global Cache.

Kind regards Chucky
beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Mon, Dec 6 2021 10:20 PM

Chucky,

I have the Twinkly lights connected to BLI via Home Assistant, too! I have three strands with a fourth arriving this week. I found that while all of the strands can integrate with BLI, only one of them serves as the controlling strand for the group of strands. Therefore, you must find that one stand through trial and error for use in macros or the Home Control screen on the Beovision. I now have the Twinkly lights in my "Morning" macro. What a great delight to wake up to when walking to the kitchen to make espresso.

chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Tue, Dec 7 2021 10:20 PM
Yup there amazing! I had some problems updating them. If the are connected to hassio you cannot update the firmware. Keep that in mind next year Big Smile. A shame you cannot set seens, but maybe next year.

Happy holidays!
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS