Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

PU plug for Grand Prix Moderne 608 radio

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Alfred31
Not Ranked
France
Posts 6
Bronze Member
Alfred31 Posted: Mon, Dec 6 2021 11:58 AM

Hi all!

I am repairing a GP 608 found in a bin. Everything working fine after replacing capacitors and of course a lot of cleaning. There was no real big problem with it apart from againg parts, corroded / melted fuse holders damaged dial string, etc ... All to be expected 

I needed to made a mofidication to the power supply to adjust to the higher mains supply (235 V instead of 220 V) since the input transformer does not have adjustment taps.

My question is what kind of plug goes into the Pick up socket ? I want to input a stereo signal from a phone or Bluetooth module. I made my own version using a plug found with the unit and some modified old pins and it tested fine but i would like to get the real thing. I dont even know what il looks like so a picture would help also. Thank you for any suggestion.

Alfred

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, Dec 6 2021 7:16 PM

The correct plug is the one on the right in this photo.
Looking closely you can see, that the left pin is divided by insulation to form two contacts. One for left and right channel respectively.

Adapters were also available:

Martin

Alfred31
Not Ranked
France
Posts 6
Bronze Member

Thank you Martin.

Now i know what i need to find. Do these have a reference number ? Any place I should rather look for them ?

Even getting one of these split pins would be fine. I could insert it in my plug.

Alfred

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS