Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

MX6000 problem with SCART

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

silcworm
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
silcworm Posted: Tue, Dec 14 2021 4:20 PM

Hello,

When I try to connect anything to my MX6000 via SCART I can't get it to work. The screen is just black.

I've tried messing around with all the different settings in the "Sockets" section of the menu, but nothing seems to work. I've tried both the AV1-port and the AV2-port.

A youtube video I watched said that I need to have the AV1-setting set to V-Tape and the AV2-setting set to V-Aux (even though I only use 1 SCART-port), but that doesn't seem to work either.

What should I do? Is it more likely that my MX6000 is broken or that I'm doing something wrong?

Please help. I looked forward to using it so, so much :-( And thank you

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Dec 14 2021 5:36 PM

Hi and welcome to Beoworld!

What remote are you using?  Once you set the socket to (eg) V.TAPE in the TV's 'sockets' menu, you then need to select it using the V.TAPE (or V.MEM) button on the remote.

Have you tested whatever input device you are using with another SCART equipped TV?

silcworm
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
silcworm replied on Tue, Dec 14 2021 6:44 PM

I think I've got the Beo4 remote. It says V.MEM on mine, and yeah, already tried that. It's when I press V.MEM that it goes from static noise to a black screen.

Yes, the SCART cable works fine on other CRT:s.

Is it off to the TV graveyard you reckon?

Thank you very much for the quick response!

silcworm
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member

silcworm
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member

(accidentally replied 3 times)

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Dec 14 2021 8:02 PM

silcworm:
Is it off to the TV graveyard you reckon?

Not sure, but that's the limit of my suggestions as it's a while since I owned an MX-series Beovision!  Hopefully someone else will chip in with possible fixes.  Failing that, find another (working) one on eBay!

ProGram
Top 200 Contributor
59269 Beckum, Germany
Posts 383
Bronze Member
ProGram replied on Wed, Dec 15 2021 11:10 AM
Hi, they suffer from cold solder joints, especially on the board with all the sockets on it.
Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts 692
Gold Member
Stoobietoo replied on Wed, Dec 15 2021 12:22 PM

Some other information would be useful too. What are you connecting to the Scart input? Is it B&O or non B&O? Is it definitely outputting a signal? Are you using a fully wired Scart cable? Did the Beo4 remote come with the TV? Some of the older MX 6000s were controlled by a Beolink 1000 (no screen on the remote).

Connecting anything to B&O TVs is not as intuitive as other TVs in that you have to set each input to correspond with a button on your remote as opposed to scrolling through the inputs as on a standard TV. Also, on the MX TVs there are different options per Scart socket too and each is controlled by a different button on the remote! So a Scart could be opened via DTV, DVD, V.Mem etc depending on how you set it. Then on top of that, some of the “buttons” have to be added to the list in the screen to use!

The easiest way to see if you can get it working is to choose to set up the DVD button on the AV-2 Scart socket (even if it is not a DVD player you are attaching).

1.    Plug your component into the AV-2 socket.
2.    Go into the Setup Menu in the TV. Turn AV-1 to OFF. Step through AV-2 until it says DVD.
3.    Save the settings.

Turn on the TV using the TV Button. Turn on your attached component using its own remote. Press the DVD button and you should then see the picture.  

If you want to connect something to AV-1 as well, I suggest you download the user manual for the TV from this site or you can use “trial and error”.

Good luck

Stoobie

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS