Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocord 2000 De Luxe - slows down and stops

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower

Morten
Not Ranked
Aalborg, Denmark
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Morten Posted: Tue, Dec 21 2021 10:26 AM

Hi everyone
I just got my hands on a reel to reel tape recorder for the first time in my life.

It's a Beocord 2000 De Luxe (K) It's in fairly good condition (I'm guessing by the looks and sound of it) - it even came with the original operating instructions and the coated plastic plate.

As long as I'm using it on the fastest setting it actually works: I can hear the music that is on the very old tape that came with the Beocord (some german schlager from the 70s is my best guess - problem is, it's recorded in 3 3/4 in/sec or 1 7/8 in/sec which means I can only hear it played back too fast since I have to set it to play back at 7 1/2 in/sec Laughing).

There's no audible noise from any of the faders - I still have to test all inputs and the speaker outputs (I need the correct connectors before I can do that - I will find some in my local used goods store if I'm lucky).
When the motor is running the deck itself rattles ever so slightly. If I press it lightly with a finger it stops and the only noise heard is the actual motor. Is this normal and is there an easy fix for this?

The tape counter doesn't run at all by the looks of it. 

So I'm looking for some tips on how to fix the three only problems I've spotted so far:

1. The slowing down to a halt on the two slowest settings (the biggest issue, really)
  2. The not working tape counter
  3. The rattling from the metal deck when the motor is running.

I've just opened it up, so I can start by cleaning the heads and tape path as a start.

Side note: I want to use the tape recorder as a part of my synthesizer setup, either as a tape delay/echo or perhaps to record me playing the synths.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS