Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 8000 Parts Compatability

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

John Francis
Top 500 Contributor
USA
Posts 155
Silver Member
John Francis Posted: Fri, Jan 21 2022 10:15 PM

Hello All,

I accidentally broke the plastic connector that supports the record detector arm at the back of the tonearm mechanism of my Beogram 8000. I have another Beogram 8000 parts turntable, that has everything I believe functioning but the circuit board. My question is can I just switch out the good circuit board to the other table or are their differences in the wiring harness and connectors to the board that would be a problem?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

John

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Sat, Jan 22 2022 1:38 AM

Hi John,

The Beogram 8000 units went through quite a few changes from the initial produced units to the units just before the Beogram 8002 came out.
In some cases the enhancements add stability to some signals but wouldn't prevent you from swapping.

However, when it comes to something like the speed sensor there are some differences that do prevent a direct swap.
The initial platter speed sensor assembly only has the optical sensor itself.  In later serial number units B&O moved two resistors for the sensor from the main PCB to the sensor assembly.

What that means is if you pair a later serial number PCB that does not have the two resistors with an early model platter speed sensor (that also does not have the two resistors) then you end up with a situation where the control for the sensor current is unchecked and it will almost certainly burn up.

I show some of those differences on my posts of my workshop Beogram 8000 herehere and here.

John

John Francis
Top 500 Contributor
USA
Posts 155
Silver Member

Hello John,

Thank you for the reply, I will check your posts to see what you are referring to.

Best regards,

John

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS