Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound 5 Encore - Apple Lossless issue

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

beancounter
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
beancounter Posted: Sat, Mar 2 2013 2:51 PM

Hi,

I have recently purchased a BS5E.  BS5 is a machine I wish to buy since its introduction and finally I'm able to get one.  So far I am happy with the machine except that some of the albums I have loaded into a mobile hard disk cannot be successfully displayed in the BS5E. After my checking, I found that those songs cannot be displayed is in Apple Lossless format (ie. m4a).  It appears that the machine cannot recognise those m4a files saved in my hard disk.  One of the reasons I purchased BS5E is its capability of reading m4a files since most of the songs saved in my computer is in this format.  I tried to search the BS5 forum for the similar questions but without success.  Can anyone who has experienced the same experience can share what went wrong to my BS5E.  

Many thanks in advance for your help.

wogga383
Not Ranked
Posts 41
Bronze Member

Fortunately there is is nothing wrong with your BS5E, they just won't play Apple lossless files, they will play Apple files just not lossless? Why? I don't know, sounds silly to me but there maybe rights issues with Apple?

All is not lost if you can lower the bitrate to say 320kbs all will be fine. m4a is recognised just not lossless.

Hope that helps you.

srm
Not Ranked
Germany
Posts 74
Bronze Member
srm replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 5:07 PM

I thought too, it will be possible - but it wasn´t ....... So i convert all my files to .flac.  

And if you really like to make it perfect - you must spend a lot of time........ And you will always have two Music-Librarys!

Somewhere in forum there is an very good instruction for doing this...

Greets

BV10-46 -  BL8002 - BL 19 - BeoPlay A1 - Beo4 - BeoRemote One  -  3x Beotime - Beotalk 1200 -  Beocom4 - Beocom 2 (Yellow, Alu) - ATV2 / 4 

beancounter
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member

I see. Many thanks for your help. There will be a rework of my songs library ahead of me. 

Chaka
Top 500 Contributor
Chicago
Posts 312
Bronze Member
Chaka replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 1:26 AM

That's why you should have stuck with vinyl!!

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

... and an abacus ! (beancounter) :-p

All music in Apple is DRM free.  I can't remember to be honest if my encore played any of the M4A content.

You can right click to make an AAC version - try that on a few songs first and see if that works.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS