Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Price reduction on BS1 and Edge

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

BeoFrederic
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 276
Gold Member
BeoFrederic Posted: Mon, Jan 31 2022 5:21 PM
Both speakers currently have a price reduction of 20% on the U.S. web site. Interesting, in the face of other price increases as reported on Beoworld.
Csaba
Top 500 Contributor
Oslo, Norway
Posts 216
Bronze Member
Csaba replied on Mon, Jan 31 2022 5:45 PM

BeoFrederic:
Both speakers currently have a price reduction of 20% on the U.S. web site. Interesting, in the face of other price increases as reported on Beoworld.

Beosound 1 as I understand is being phased out of the line-up. I wonder if the Edge is facing the same.

Curly
Top 200 Contributor
FL, USA
Posts 366
Gold Member
Curly replied on Mon, Jan 31 2022 6:05 PM

A great find! Good snooping!

As Csaba said, definitely related to EOL or, in the case of Edge, just overall poor sales--or both.

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, Beosound Level, Beosound A1 2nd Gen, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Halo, Essence Remote

Previously: BeoSound 1 non-GVA

LeMirage
Not Ranked
Posts 77
Bronze Member
LeMirage replied on Mon, Jan 31 2022 6:22 PM

More then once I have heard at a dealership “if you ever want to pull the trigger on an edge give me a call and we give you very very nice deal”. Says it all I guess

I love the design but for our living just too much. How does it compare to A9 sound wise , anyone has both?

Bestwick8
Not Ranked
Posts 27
Bronze Member

I would assume the edge is getting phased out as well, its been around for awhile with a low sales volume. I wonder if we will see replacement products for them soon?

Csaba
Top 500 Contributor
Oslo, Norway
Posts 216
Bronze Member
Csaba replied on Tue, Feb 1 2022 8:15 PM

LeMirage:

More then once I have heard at a dealership “if you ever want to pull the trigger on an edge give me a call and we give you very very nice deal”. Says it all I guess

I love the design but for our living just too much. How does it compare to A9 sound wise , anyone has both?

From what I gather the A9 is a much safer bet in every way. I’ve heard many people praise the A9 both in terms of being a design icon and for its huge sound while others calling the sound of the Edge a bit weird. If I had to choose between these two, I’d also go for the A9.

BeoAnna
Not Ranked
Posts 78
Bronze Member
BeoAnna replied on Fri, Feb 4 2022 2:08 PM

The single biggest issue I have with the Edge is that the aluminium running across the circumference of the speaker isn’t a 100% continuous and uninterrupted loop. If you look at the bottom of the Edge (ignore B&O’s press photos they intentionally hide/omit/photoshop this) there’s actually a gap where both ends of the aluminium sheet meet. Sorry guys but I’m rather extreme with my attention to detail and I could never live with this.

I get why this is an issue from a manufacturing standpoint but I’m pretty sure there are ways to weld the two aluminium ends together and to subsequently polish it such that there’s no damned gap at the bottom, but clearly that would’ve been too expensive for B&O?

If it wasn’t for this I might’ve actually bought one back when it launched.

etype76
Not Ranked
Tokyo, Japan
Posts 76
Bronze Member
etype76 replied on Fri, Feb 4 2022 2:38 PM

I noticed the price reduction in the US the other day. No such luck here in Japan, no doubt they’ll stick to the msrp come hell or high water. No worries, I’m after the A9… 

Csaba
Top 500 Contributor
Oslo, Norway
Posts 216
Bronze Member
Csaba replied on Fri, Feb 4 2022 4:08 PM

On the Balance Nordic Ice I can see no such place where the aluminium is joined. To me it looks like it is one piece.

Irvine
Not Ranked
Posts 61
Bronze Member
Irvine replied on Fri, Feb 4 2022 4:22 PM

Think the Stage is going to get replaced or updated soon?  Any idea what new features or capabilities it might have?

matteventu
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 91
Bronze Member

Irvine:

Think the Stage is going to get replaced or updated soon?  Any idea what new features or capabilities it might have?

What makes you think that?

The Stage was also part of the recent price hike.

There have been discussions about the likeliness of a Stage "Plus" launch (based on Mozart and capable of accepting other speakers as surround/satellites channels), but given the shortage, the price it would need to have, etc, it's pretty much excluded at least short-term.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Feb 7 2022 12:14 PM

LeMirage:

I got mine for only £1450 in 2020. And I still wouldn't recommend it. My BeoSound 2 and Balance are far better.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS