Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Mozart

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 315
Bronze Member
thorne Posted: Wed, Feb 2 2022 10:38 PM

Hi guys

sorry if I appear a little out of touch here, but what exactly is the Mozart platform?

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

It's the software that drives some of the latests Beosound speakers. It does the streaming and the multi-room.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

Thorn you might also hear of other platforms that B&O have / had:

> Masterlink ML (older analogue systems)

> Network Link NL which was for systems such as Avant, A9, BV11/14, A6, BS1, BS2

And Mozart which as Phil says is the latest is included in things like the Balance,  Emerge 

Network Link is still in use 

The Mozart platform is designed to allow for technology changes that may happen in the future

Raeven
Not Ranked
Posts 61
Bronze Member
Raeven replied on Thu, Feb 3 2022 9:45 AM

Could it be (or is at all possible) that we see the Mozart platform at the Beo Core or Stage? 

Stan
Top 100 Contributor
Chicago-area USA
Posts 869
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Thu, Feb 3 2022 5:19 PM

Raeven:

Could it be (or is at all possible) that we see the Mozart platform at the Beo Core or Stage? 

I'm not sure what the point of Mozart enabling these devices.  Right now, I believe the only thing that Mozart offers over the older NL products is the ability to stereo pair without Chromecast.  I'm not sure there is utility in allowing a Core or Stage to stereo pair.  Ok, there's also B&O Radio, but I can't see adding B&O Radio actually requiring Mozart, and from my limited exposure it seems l like most of the same stations are available via TuneIn.  Not exactly game changing functionality to justify the expense of a product upgrade.

Yes, people talk about Mozart maybe eventually allowing one to a speaker within a surround setup, but, again, I don't see how this applies to the Core, and a Stage that supported surround speakers would be a different product (IMHO)... and this is all castles in the sky anyway since these features don't exist now, and may never... 

BeoFrederic
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 276
Gold Member
Edit.

See the Core v. Mozart discussion on the BeoTalk thread starting at Jan. 15, 2022.
thorne
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 315
Bronze Member
thorne replied on Sat, Feb 5 2022 10:29 PM

Thanks. All is clear now

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS