Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beoplay M3 stuck at red flashing lights

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

BPlay
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
BPlay Posted: Thu, Feb 3 2022 12:49 PM

Hi,

unfortunately my beoplay M3 is stuck at red flashing lights. The B&O CS already stated that this speaker is not repairable but I guess it is, but not in their cost effective range.

So i plug the speaker in and immediately both leds start flashing red. And from here, nothing works, not pushing any of the buttons either long, short or in combination. I can't connect the box to the pc, it will not be recognized by the pc.

The speaker does not show up a the wi-fi channels, just the flashing red leds. Have already opened it and searched for some visible damage at the components, nothing.

I've already read the article about the with flashing led, M3 which is also stuck but this one is stuck at white not red flashing led.

I've also read a lot about the amplifier board as a possible source of error but before I continue I want to be sure that I'm on the right direction.

Can anybody held me out or give me some more tips and tricks what to try, that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance,

BPlay 

BPlay
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
BPlay replied on Sat, Feb 19 2022 8:01 PM

Is there maybe a possibility to flash the software again?

Second: Is it possible that the wi-fi model has some damage, and is it exchangeable?

Am grateful for any advice

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Did you try a wired connection to the M3?

This is done with a USB to Ethernet adapter.

I’d try plugging that in before connecting it to the mains.

No guarantee of success, though!

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

BPlay
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
BPlay replied on Sat, Feb 19 2022 9:46 PM

Oh okay, that's new, haven't thought about a usb-ethernet connection when the M3 already has a ethernet port. (Which I already tried to connect to a pc but no reaction from the pc)

I'll try it the next days.

Thank you very much, 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

BPlay:

Oh okay, that's new, haven't thought about a usb-ethernet connection when the M3 already has a ethernet port. (Which I already tried to connect to a pc but no reaction from the pc)

The M3 has no ethernet port.

MM

BPlay
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
BPlay replied on Sun, Feb 20 2022 8:55 PM

You‘re right, i mixed something up here.

Okay, i got a dongle and tried to connect but how would the communication look like?

I have an Ethernet-connection, that means I need a router who gives ip etc, 

Do I plug the m3 into a hub/switch an try to find the m3 in the network?

if I find it, how do I communicate to flash etc.?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

That is basicly the sama as with a wireless option.

Only that you can exclude a faulty wireless module (if that would be the case).

So yes, you’d connect the cable - where the USB adapter is connected - to your router or to a switch, that is connected to the router respectively an ethernet/network socket somewhere in the house.

MM

BPlay
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
BPlay replied on Wed, Feb 23 2022 10:04 PM

Wow, I could connect to the speaker. This is an awesome first sign of life from my speaker since 3 month.

Thank you very much, this was a great advice, my hope is back.

I wrote down all the ID's and serial/artikel numbers and checked the error protocol.

The report said that "the fps stopped responding" and the "FEP has not be updated". (I did the update to the version 2.0.47944.120578427)

Furthermore, I could connect to Bluetooth but no sound, and the speaker could connect to the wifi but it does not appear for Airplay on my phone.

The two LEDs are also still flashing red.

Are you familiar with this behavior?
Do you have further advices for me?

BPlay
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
BPlay replied on Wed, Feb 23 2022 10:11 PM

So I checked again the wifi and on the overview page it says it's connected but the signal strength is "not available".

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS