Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

LIGHT KEY_Release not being passed from BLGW

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
PhilLondon Posted: Fri, Feb 4 2022 10:13 PM

Hi All,

I'm developing an app that interfaces with the Beolink Gateway using the MasterLink Gateway protocol (port 9000).

My app is getting the LIGHT telegrams correctly from any rooms (Beovision, and 2 Beolink active), but it doesn't get the KEY_RELEASE messages after a Long Press on keys like Up, Down, Play, Pause, only from the 2 Beolink Active rooms. I do get the KEY_RELEASE messages from the Beovision.

The problem isn't with the Beolink Active as when I define BLGW macros, I can pickup those events just fine.

Is it a known issue? Is there a trick to make it work?

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
Posts 271
Bronze Member
L Spad replied on Fri, Feb 4 2022 11:40 PM

Hi Phil- I always detect a key release I think? Let me do a test tomorrow and I’ll get back to you. Specifically on a BeoLink active?

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
I only have the problem on the BeoLink active… or maybe it’s because they are link rooms…

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
Posts 271
Bronze Member

You’re absolutely right Phil - just checked - pressing and holding LIGHT Step_Up_Continue does not generate a LIGHT_Key_Release when I release the key on my BeoLink active in Opt4. You get a key release after the light timeout is sent, but that’s not helpful as it takes around 5 seconds for that to happen. Another idiosyncratic ‘feature’ of the protocol!

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

If in the BLGW, I create a macro and I activate Capture, I see the Release Key:

Global/Bedroom/AV renderer/Beolab 4500/Light?Action=Key release&Command=STEP_UP

So, it's the BLGW that doesn't forward it to IP over the MLGWP protocol. Sad

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Sat, Feb 5 2022 2:23 PM

KEY_RELEASE commands just work fine on my BL actives and in all linkrooms and the mainroom (except the BL2000 room of course).

Tested right now on my BL active in option 4 in the office, sw 1.6, set to forward LIGHT- and CONTROL commands to MLGW, with non-navi BEO4 .

I`m using STEP_UP continue and STEP_DOWN continue commands to dim and brighten the lights driven by a KNX system. When I release the buttons after a long up/down command, dimming /brighten immediately stops. I can also see RELEASE commands in the Monitoring tool of my BLGW.

Hope this helps (?)

Stefan

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS