Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound Level - not so favourable DXOMARK review

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Frederik
Top 500 Contributor
Belgium
Posts 94
Bronze Member
Frederik Posted: Tue, Feb 8 2022 2:21 PM

I just found this DXOMARK review of the Beosound Level, which is quite interesting and I haven't seen covered yet on this forum.

DXOMARK has quite a good reputation in objective and subjective quality testing. Although, it has to be said that this type of labo tests do not always take all product specific nuances into account. In this case for example, the technical design requirements for the portable Level are quite different compared to the Balance and B&W Wedge to which it is compared. Also quality of experience is not taken into account at all. Nevertheless, these tests are interesting to put things in perspective and to set expectations of a certain product.

I personally use the Level mostly in my bedroom at quite to moderate listening levels. Under these circumstances, for me it performs very well with a warm pleasing and accurate sound.

https://www.dxomark.com/bang-olufsen-beosound-level-speaker-review-good-for-listening-to-music-while-relaxing/ 

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 742
Founder
Frederik:

I just found this DXOMARK review of the Beosound Level, which is quite interesting and I haven't seen covered yet on this forum.

DXOMARK has quite a good reputation in objective and subjective quality testing. Although, it has to be said that this type of labo tests do not always take all product specific nuances into account. In this case for example, the technical design requirements for the portable Level are quite different compared to the Balance and B&W Wedge to which it is compared. Also quality of experience is not taken into account at all. Nevertheless, these tests are interesting to put things in perspective and to set expectations of a certain product.

I personally use the Level mostly in my bedroom at quite to moderate listening levels. Under these circumstances, for me it performs very well with a warm pleasing and accurate sound.

https://www.dxomark.com/bang-olufsen-beosound-level-speaker-review-good-for-listening-to-music-while-relaxing/

The “unrealistic stereo scene” that they mention is what I reported last year in my thread here:

https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/49620/349133.aspx#349133

Despite a software update having been issued since then, the issue remains unresolved.

Lawrence
LeMirage
Not Ranked
Posts 77
Bronze Member

Quit a critical review indeed while all the other reviews either text or youtube are nothing but exciting.

i solved the stereo issue by simply adding another one Big Smile

Frederik
Top 500 Contributor
Belgium
Posts 94
Bronze Member

lawrencejmcook:

The “unrealistic stereo scene” that they mention is what I reported last year in my thread here:

https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/49620/349133.aspx#349133

Despite a software update having been issued since then, the issue remains unresolved.

Exactly, it is expected to get weird results on a stereo test if the channels are reversed. It is surprising however that they did not point this issue out explicitly. 

On the B&O side they should really take care to fix such an obvious issue. A lot of users will probably not notice, but still, it shouldn't take so much time to resolve this.

LeMirage
Not Ranked
Posts 77
Bronze Member

They are aware of the issue! I have mentioned it during my support case about not being able to room compensate calculate on battery power only and they confirmed the switched stereo channel was a known issue. Also do not understand myself why this is not instantly fixed with a firmware update !  

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS