Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 8002 Keyboard Clip

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

iGPU
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
iGPU Posted: Tue, Feb 8 2022 9:52 PM

I'm in the process of re-capping my 8002. (I want to thank all on this forum, esp those who contributed to sonavor's thread.)

I presently have one question. On opening the keyboard panel, I found a bronze clip (I can add a photo later). I don't exactly know how it fits (I think I recall reading that it might go under the << >> keys). I'd be thankful if someone could show a photo or explain how to re-install it.

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Wed, Feb 9 2022 12:18 AM

Hi,

It is a spring clip that is for securing the Beogram 8002 LED display to the control panel and can be a little tricky to get back in place.
The small LED display fits into the control panel opening behind the red, plastic lens. 
The metal clip you are referring to has a flat, metal tab on one end and a curled edge on the other.
The tab fits under the control panel board so that the center of the clip (the "v") presses down onto the back of the LED display. 
The curled end grabs the edge of the control panel board to keep the clip from coming off...and pressure on the LED display.

Sometimes you have to first bend the ribbon cable of the LED display assembly so that it isn't fighting you trying to position the holding clip.
Often it wins the battle and as you are trying to fit the control panel back into the cabinet the LED display comes away from the panel as the clip falls out.
A bit of frustrating there but eventually you get the hang of securing it.

Here are a couple of photos.

-sonavor

iGPU
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
iGPU replied on Wed, Feb 9 2022 6:54 AM

Thank you so much!!

Your explanation and photos are truly helpful.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS