Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

V1-32 Remote Options

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
Posts 812
Gold Member
The Beonic Man Posted: Fri, Feb 11 2022 12:38 AM

Hi, wondering if an older BeoLink 1000 is good enough to operate my V1-32? I sold my BeoOne remote forgetting I would need it for this tv! I am just looking for something for basic use, essentially to switch it on/off and for use with a Chromecast device. If not, are universal remotes an option? I’ve tried the B&O app but it seems to just switch the tv off but not on.

Any help appreciated. Thanks, Simon.

B&O products are V1-32, BS2, H95, E8 and an Essence remote.
11-46 now replaced with Sony A90J 65”, Sony HT-A9, Sony UBP-X800M2 and Sony SRS-NS7.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

A Beolink 1000 should do for the basics……..if you don’t want to navigate in menus and so and the V1 is already set up.

How about getting a Beo4/Navi - that is the remote, the originaly came with that tv. They should not be too expensive on the used marked.

You do know that there is a full netradio function (and a lot more) in the V1?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
Posts 271
Bronze Member
L Spad replied on Fri, Feb 11 2022 7:49 AM

Hi Simon, whilst you decide what to do you should have full control of the tv via the app - if you select the tv in the app you should have an option for remote control? Having said that I find it a pretty miserable experience- as MM says a BEO4 Navi is the way to go.

V1 is a great tv. I’m thinking of getting a second one soon 👍

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
Posts 812
Gold Member

Thanks for both replies.

Yes I do love my V1 too and funnily enough it was actually the Brighton dealership I bought it from several years ago! I use it as my kitchen TV and it serves the purpose well. I just hope I get some more longevity with it than I did with the 11-46 that I bought around the same time from a different dealer. The panel went in that a few weeks ago and it was a write off with B&O saying it was unrepairable. I literally gave it away with the motorised floor stand and sold the BeoOne remote to the same person for £200. Perhaps I could have got something for the stand but I really couldn’t be bothered and just wanted it all out of the home.

If the panel goes in the V1, which I am sure it will at some point, that will be tricky to replace since its all built, chased and mounted into a brick wall. Not so easy too repair brickwork as it is plasterboard! Oh well.

Thanks for the advice guys anyway and L Spad thanks for the heads up on full operation through the app. It wasn’t working for some reason so I didn’t realise it could be done. I have rebooted and reset it all both tv and app and now see the remote options showing up in the app. Before all it seemed to do was turn the Tv off if it was on. Thankfully I can now turn it on and operate the Chromecast.

MM, I am aware of Netradio but never really used it on the V1. I did on the 11-46 though.

Thanks again,
Simon. 

B&O products are V1-32, BS2, H95, E8 and an Essence remote.
11-46 now replaced with Sony A90J 65”, Sony HT-A9, Sony UBP-X800M2 and Sony SRS-NS7.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS