Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Speaker leads.

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

jonfey
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
jonfey Posted: Fri, Feb 11 2022 5:31 PM

Hello again, another " newbie " question I'm afraid.

But first, just to say, I'm finding my way around this forum with regard to responding to answers. I THINK I've thanked everybody who has helped so far, I have tried, but in case I haven't managed it, my apologies.

Ok. I have a Beocentre 9500 with Beolab 6000 speakers. Would somebody advise which leads I need for those speakers and a 9500 phono please?

Thank you. 

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 742
Founder
Hi Jonfey,

You need a pair of 8-pin DIN Powerlink Mk2 or Mk3 cables between the BeoCenter 9500 and the BeoLab 6000s.

If by “9500 phono” you mean a Beogram 9500 record player, then it should have its own 7-pin DIN captive cable that plugs into the Phono socket on the BeoCenter 9500.

Lawrence
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

In addition - if I may - please be aware, that Powerlink cables carry both left and right channel.

Means: you will have to set the switch on the BL6000’s to L or R according to their positioning im room.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

jonfey
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
jonfey replied on Fri, Feb 11 2022 10:13 PM

Thank you for that Millemissen. I'm grateful. Smile

jonfey
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
jonfey replied on Fri, Feb 11 2022 10:14 PM

Thank you for that Lawrence, I'm grateful. Smile

BeoFrederic
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 276
Gold Member
The go-to guy for B&O-related cables is Steve @ Sounds Heavenly, or just go to his website. He’s a sponsor of this site, btw.
Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi jonfey,

I have the Powerlink mk.3 cables you need available, please either click on my sponsor link below or use this link to go directly to the cables you need (my site is closed for maintenance until Monday morning):-

https://soundsheavenly.com/powerlink-8-pin-din-connection/20-266-powerlink-mk-3-compatible-8-pin-din-cable-with-4-cores-wired-low-profile-cable.html#/1-length-05m

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Please check out my YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/soundsheavenlycables

jonfey
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
jonfey replied on Sat, Feb 12 2022 12:36 PM

Thank you Steve.

Events have overtaken us now in as much as I have some. I got them prior to your post I'm afraid. I'm certain i'll need some more though as I have other items I want to connect. Thank you for your reply.  Smile

jonfey
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
jonfey replied on Sat, Feb 12 2022 12:38 PM

Thank you for your interest and answer BeoFrederick. Another contact made which is always helpful. Smile 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS