Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolab 20's won't connect.

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

IA64
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 135
Bronze Member
IA64 Posted: Fri, Feb 11 2022 5:38 PM

Hello,

I have a brand new pair of Beolab 20's that are connected to power only.  I'm trying to connect them to a Beovision Avant NG.

When I go to WPL setup, I see the BL20's flashing green then solid red, then I get a message that New speakers found. So far so good BUT then the right speaker led light turns off and is accessible from sound setting but the left speaker keeps flashing green rapidly.

I tried resetting the speakers by holding the button for 10 seconds however this did not help. 

When I scan for wireless speakers both go to solid red then flashing green then steady green but the left one immediately start flashing green again forever. 

I tried disconnecting them from Wisa and restart the whole process, reboot the tv but nothing seems to work. 

Is there anything wrong I'm doing?

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Hague, The Netherlands
Posts 768
Bronze Member
Fansastic replied on Fri, Feb 11 2022 6:41 PM
https://bangolufsenassistentgohe.blob.core.windows.net/manuals/SPEAKERS/BEOLAB_20/3511385_1410_multi_UG_BeoLab_20_Web.pdf

Sound like you doing it right but maybe it is not right enough.

I would first factory reset the speakers and then try again. Factory reset is press reset and hold for 10 seconds.

Hope this helps

BV Harmony 65 / Eclipse 55 / BL 50 / 19 / 18 / BS 2 all brass

BV Horizon 48 / V1 40 / BL 17 / Beoplay S3 all black

V1 / BL 3 / BS Essence MKII / Beoplay A3 all white

BS Moment / BS 3000 / BS 3200 / BL 400 all silver

Headphones / bluetooth speakers / BLC NL-ML / BLGateway

I know…B&O virus has grown on me ! 

IA64
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 135
Bronze Member
IA64 replied on Fri, Feb 11 2022 8:24 PM

I tried holding the reset button for 20 seconds but nothing changed.

What happens is that during the reset, the led turns to red for few seconds then starts flashing green.

I went through the manual you attached and noticed that my speaker logo doesn't illuminate whatsoever...I don't believe it ever did.

Time to contact the dealer?

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 768
Bronze Member
Fansastic replied on Sat, Feb 12 2022 5:37 AM
IA64:

I tried holding the reset button for 20 seconds but nothing changed.

What happens is that during the reset, the led turns to red for few seconds then starts flashing green.

I went through the manual you attached and noticed that my speaker logo doesn't illuminate whatsoever...I don't believe it ever did.

Time to contact the dealer?

The mk1 did not have illuminated B&O logo, mk 2 did have this. So if the one that is playing does not have it, you have a mk1 version.

The green flashing rapidly it means it is waiting for the tv to connect. Make sure both speakers are back in this mode and then rescan for wireless speakers in the tv.

(Think you tried this already but start the process from the beginning one more time)

IA64
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 135
Bronze Member
IA64 replied on Sun, Feb 13 2022 12:07 AM

Very strange indeed. Why would the dealer send me an MK1 version? the product manual inside the box is identical to yours, it indicates that the speakers should be MK2 but for some reason everything indicates it's an MK1...

Dealer is playing some games? I have a feeling they sent me a demo product because one speaker was missing the power cable screw. Serial number begins with 24 so no idea what's going on but speaker still doesn't connect.

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 768
Bronze Member
Fansastic replied on Sun, Feb 13 2022 8:15 AM
IA64:

Very strange indeed. Why would the dealer send me an MK1 version? the product manual inside the box is identical to yours, it indicates that the speakers should be MK2 but for some reason everything indicates it's an MK1...

Dealer is playing some games? I have a feeling they sent me a demo product because one speaker was missing the power cable screw. Serial number begins with 24 so no idea what's going on but speaker still doesn't connect.

I’m not 100% sure but serial 24xxx is a mk1 version as it is from around 2013/2014.

Best is you contact the dealer for explanation and to assist on this matter.

Maybe someone else on the forum can verify the production date based on the serial number

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 768
Bronze Member
Fansastic replied on Sun, Feb 13 2022 8:18 AM