Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

RJ45 - RCA Suspected Ground Loop

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

andrewsackB&O
Not Ranked
Posts 1
andrewsackB&O Posted: Mon, Feb 14 2022 3:28 AM

Dear Beoworlders,

Please help me on technical issue RJ45 - RCA Suspected Ground Loop,

1. System:

Beovision Harmony 77"

Decware Zen Mono Block Power Amplifiers (also previously had 2 solid statemonoblocks)

Avantgaurde Duo Mezzo Speaker x 2 For Front LEFT & Right (also previously has two passive speakers)

Nakamichi AP1 Power Amplifier For Rear Speakers 

Sonos Amp With Bose 251 Enviro

2. Problem

I have what I suspect is a ground loop between the left and right speakers and the tv , when i disconnect tv from the amplifiers, the hum goes away.

3. Cables

I have followed some information from the forums and made RJ45-2 Rca cables myself useing Cat 8 cable Cat 6 Cat 5, I have connected the shield to the ground on the RCA cables and the loop is still there, I have tried making very short RJ45 to RCA and then connecting with a female to male RCA.

I have tried cables of all types of cost, but to no avail.

I would like advise on how to best try and avoid this ground loop since the system has 6 class 1 amplifiers and the tv is class 2.

Its notable the sonos amp and the nakamichi amp with the sables I made has no hum, and therefor I guess the loop is between the tv mono blocks and the avant gauge power amplifiers. but even when I used passive speakers and a solid state amp I did have the hum.

I have tried grounding the TV and all amps to a common point but also not improvement , I have also made sure all the items are connected to one multiplug so the earth is common.

Willing to buy kit that will solve this issue but not keen on ground loop isolaters as in previous experience they seam to effect the sound performance.

I have also has the earth checked at my home and electrician says its perfect, pls help me 

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS