Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Software update cannot be applied to TV

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 315
Bronze Member
thorne Posted: Tue, Feb 22 2022 5:26 PM

Hi. I sometimes get the pop up message on my Eclipse on all sources.  But my software is up to date (or so it says). 

Anyone else seeing this message, and if so, is there a solution? 

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
Montreal, Canada
Posts 200
Gold Member
jvezina replied on Tue, Feb 22 2022 6:53 PM

The screen and the Sound Center have their own distinct software. Did you check at both places? The Beotool app only checks for the Sound Center.

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 315
Bronze Member
thorne replied on Tue, Feb 22 2022 7:16 PM

Hi. Sorry, I don’t understand. Where are these 2 places?  And what about the clear statement that the software CANNOT be applied to TV. Why not?

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
Montreal, Canada
Posts 200
Gold Member
jvezina replied on Tue, Feb 22 2022 8:33 PM

In the Settings menu , go to the first block at top and find About this TV (this changes obviously with the language). The software version is displayed and there is an option to check for updates. This is for the screen. Try to update form here.

For the Sound Center, go to the second block (audio) and go to the Service menu item. The software version will be displayed and there is also an option to check for updates. Also try to update from here.

I have disabled the automatic updates and I prefer checking manually periodically. For the Sound Center, I use the Beotool app. For the screen, I check in the About this TV menu.

Good luck,

Jean

Good luck,

Jean

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 315
Bronze Member
thorne replied on Tue, Feb 22 2022 9:56 PM

Thanks, guys. Never knew about the two places for software updates. But they both show no updates available. So I still don’t understand why I am getting this pop up message

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 315
Bronze Member
thorne replied on Tue, Feb 22 2022 9:56 PM

Thanks, guys. Never knew about the two places for software updates. But they both show no updates available. So I still don’t understand why I am getting this pop up message

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
Montreal, Canada
Posts 200
Gold Member
jvezina replied on Tue, Feb 22 2022 11:27 PM

The message may come from an installed third party app (ex: Plex) that fails to update itself.

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 315
Bronze Member
thorne replied on Wed, Feb 23 2022 4:45 PM

Hi jvezina. That could very well be the issue. Any thoughts on how to identify which app. it is?  Is it likely to be an app. on TV, or, for example, on Sky?  And how do I get it to update?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS