Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Trumpet Stands.............Update, Finally found some, Yea

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Blydenstein
Not Ranked
Warlingham, England
Posts 38
Bronze Member
Blydenstein Posted: Wed, Mar 20 2013 6:04 PM

Well, a few months ago I came on here and asked

"Quick question......Where can I get some more information on these Trumpet Stands, I know I have seen a page in the products section, but I can't find it again, does anyone have the link please, or anywhere else I could get some Info ?.

I really want to get some, but putting "Trumpet Stands" in the search box of google doesn't really help much, so searching for any for sale is a bit of a problem."

Anyway, a few days ago I managed to secure these from fleabay, attached to a rather nice set of 3800's..............

And am expecting them to arrive in the next couple of days; Obviously these aren't the same Trumpet Stands as the ones that I believe were made for the later speakers, that the speaker sort of "Hangs" from.

Anyway, as soon as I get them I'm going to get as much info from them as I can, and post it here, as it seems that not much seems to be known about this particular stand other than a Part number that is listed under the 3800 description as "Type 8906007", which is of no use when put into any search engines.

I know it's being a bit of an Anorak, but it's taken 3 years to get some of these.

Mission accomplished.

Cheers Paul

Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is Optional

Beomaster 3000-2, BM 4400, Beocenter 3500, Beogram 1200, BG 4002, Beovox P45, BV 1802, BV 3702

Christian Christensen
Top 150 Contributor
Stockholm
Posts 512
Bronze Member

What is to besaid about the trumpet stand.

Was it one and only, or did it come in many sizes ?

Was it aluminum ?

It seems almost impossible to get hold of them today.
I havent seen one for sale in Sweden since I started this hobby.

Wondering if the tool for it could be relocated and somebody could start a small manufatoring of it again.... 

My re-capped M75 are my precious diamonds.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Mon, Sep 29 2014 11:27 PM
Three years searching for your Holy Grail is true dedication !

Congratulations

BeoNut since '75

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Everything is possible, the problem will be to make a perfect casting form, which will have to be permanent, to make more pieces, second, the pieces will have to be machined and polished, third, anodized and polished again. Then the speaker mount will have to made and attached to the trumpet stand.

I presume it could be done somewhat economical, if at least 100 pieces was made. But then it would be a copy, and most collectors on the forum wants originals, and selling 50 sets will be nearly impossible

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Tue, Sep 30 2014 6:28 AM

The trumpet stand is cast aluminium, then brushed in a circular motion. So one would have to find the original mould. 

Jacques

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Tue, Sep 30 2014 6:54 AM

chartz:

The trumpet stand is cast aluminium, then brushed in a circular motion. So one would have to find the original mould. 

Is it definitely cast?

Another method is 'metal spinning' which with the correct  former could give a good result.  Metal spinning is used for all sorts of products like this - from lamps to aircraft parts.  Brushing while still on the lathe would give a perfect finish. A former could be made on a wood lathe quite easily.

Dave.

Christian Christensen
Top 150 Contributor
Stockholm
Posts 512
Bronze Member

I would certainly buy a re-produced trumpet stands, most likely 2 or 3 pairs

for me it wouldnt be worth it spending so much time several years to finally fint a pair on ebay and bid something high,1000 Euros for them, ( Which I asume they will go ro in a couple of years ) 

My re-capped M75 are my precious diamonds.

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Tue, Sep 30 2014 12:28 PM

Dave Farr:

Is it definitely cast?

Yes, I can tell, because I've got a pair underneath my M70s!

Jacques

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Tue, Sep 30 2014 12:36 PM

chartz:

Dave Farr:

Is it definitely cast?

Yes, I can tell, because I've got a pair underneath my M70s!

You're supposed to be at work today!

Can you see casting marks on the inside then Jacques?  I've not seen original stands - I have another version which look similar.

Dave.

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Tue, Sep 30 2014 12:43 PM

Dave Farr:

You're supposed to be at work today!

I am. Lunch break. Yes Dave, there are obvious casting marks.

Jacques

Blydenstein
Not Ranked
Warlingham, England
Posts 38
Bronze Member

Hi everyone

There are actually two types of trumpet stands, firstly the type I have,  which consist of a spun aluminium trumpet bottom, very  thin aluminium, with a aluminium stem bolted to it with a pressed steel platform bolted on top which the speaker sits on, pictures at the beovox 4700 page, then there is a later version for the S ? series speaker which the speaker is suspended above the trumpet by a T shaped Steel bracket that bolts into the back of the speaker and makes it look like it's floating almost. 

The second type are much more robust and steady than the first type.

Beomaster 3000-2, BM 4400, Beocenter 3500, Beogram 1200, BG 4002, Beovox P45, BV 1802, BV 3702

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Thu, Oct 2 2014 12:30 PM

Beovox 4700?

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Thu, Oct 2 2014 1:02 PM

I would buy them if they were available and not too expensive - been looking for some for my S60's

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Thu, Oct 2 2014 1:05 PM

Just had a quick search on line for Trumpet Table bases - not sure these look right though

http://www.onlinereality.co.uk/prod/5051/trumpet-series-1-chrome-cafe-table-bases/430mm-high-coffee-table?utm_source=Google+Shopping&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Google+Shopping&gclid=CM3n1Mj2jcECFdTLtAodjg0AVQ

Blydenstein
Not Ranked
Warlingham, England
Posts 38
Bronze Member

Beovox 4700 ??.............Sorry, my bad, here's the link to the description on the Beovox 3800 page http://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=450 ......................I was certain they had some pictures of them attached to the Beovox 4702/3's but it appears I was wrong.

Here's a link to what the later type look like  http://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/1116.aspx?PageIndex=4  ...................Compliments of Leslie of this fine Forum.

As I said before the others have a pressed steel plate on the top of the stand and you sit your speaker on top of that and screw it to the speaker through a lip on the stand into two holes located in the bottom of the speaker.

when I have time I'll re photograph mine and post them here again.

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

Blydenstein:

Well, a few months ago I came on here and asked

"Quick question......Where can I get some more information on these Trumpet Stands, I know I have seen a page in the products section, but I can't find it again, does anyone have the link please, or anywhere else I could get some Info ?.

I really want to get some, but putting "Trumpet Stands" in the search box of google doesn't really help much, so searching for any for sale is a bit of a problem."

Anyway, a few days ago I managed to secure these from fleabay, attached to a rather nice set of 3800's..............

And am expecting them to arrive in the next couple of days; Obviously these aren't the same Trumpet Stands as the ones that I believe were made for the later speakers, that the speaker sort of "Hangs" from.

Anyway, as soon as I get them I'm going to get as much info from them as I can, and post it here, as it seems that not much seems to be known about this particular stand other than a Part number that is listed under the 3800 description as "Type 8906007", which is of no use when put into any search engines.

I know it's being a bit of an Anorak, but it's taken 3 years to get some of these.

Mission accomplished.

Cheers Paul

Congratulations for that!

Trumpet stands are really very hard to find, especially a pair in good condition.

Maybe as a note: there were also few other B&O items delivered with similar trumpet stands. I am lucky to own a nice little portable Beovision 601 on the small trumpet stand. I think it was also possible to order few other Beovision models on it. It looks also gorgeous.

Best regards,

Theomaster

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS