Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Asus B&O NX90 laptop

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

garethingram1
Not Ranked
Nr Southwold, UK
Posts 46
Bronze Member
garethingram1 Posted: Mon, Feb 6 2012 12:31 PM

Hi

Is this Asus B&O laptop really worth the very high price tag?

The B&O drivers seem to be noting too special.

OK it is incredibly well specced, but £2.5k???

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
Posts 1,710
Founder

I have it and its very impressive...but the price...yeah little to high!

BeoVision Haermony 65"...BeoLab 28 Anthracite....BeoLab 17 as REAR....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beogram 4002....Beoplay Emerge....Beoplay M5....Beoplay M3....Beoremote Halo....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H95 Black LTD....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Mon, Mar 5 2012 1:36 AM

garethingram1:

Hi

Is this Asus B&O laptop really worth the very high price tag?

The B&O drivers seem to be noting too special.

OK it is incredibly well specced, but £2.5k???

Well - It IS a lifestyle laptop. If you only look at the price/performance, then it's maybe too expensive.
But if you think it's too expensive, then you would probably not buy it - but other people will...
If you can afford it, you'll buy something that is special -and pay for that extra luxury. Better materials - a good design, etc. (Isn't that why we buy B&O..?)

If you ONLY look at the price vs performance, then you'll probably buy another brand.
I will pay extra for B&O because of the design and quality of the materials.
But I will not buy (e.g.) Apple products -although they are nice. But it's just not MY priority. If I can get a cheaper PC and a cheaper smartphone that fulfill my needs -then I buy that. (and save money to buy some B&O) Wink
And I will not buy a Rolex watch, because my watch, (at a tenth of the price) does the same job  -but if I was a millionaire, then maybe I would. Hmm

Is a Rolls-Royce worth the price..? If You can afford it - it is... Is a Gucci bag worth the price..? Depends on who you're asking.

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
Montreal, Canada
Posts 200
Gold Member
jvezina replied on Mon, Mar 5 2012 3:25 AM

Is the sound really good ?

Thanks,

Jean

Rikard
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 218
Bronze Member
Rikard replied on Mon, Mar 5 2012 5:49 AM

What materials are used? If they have used aluminium for the chassi then it is much more sturdy than your average laptop.. I am using a Macbook pro with alu chassis - more expensive then the average computer - but it is a much greater computer than the average plastic things..

So to come back and answer your question - if the computer is made of nice materials - then It is probably worth it. And as someone else mentioned - it is a lifestyle product - it is not for everyone....

Aleksei
Top 500 Contributor
Russia
Posts 84
Bronze Member
Aleksei replied on Tue, Mar 11 2014 6:22 AM

If you forget about B&O addiction, it is definitely not worth its full price. However, now it is possible to get it for about 1000 USD second hand in a perfect condition.

I've got mine, and, though I am pretty satisfied for this money, there are some serious drawbacks:

- Fan is noisy and annoying.  I plan to to open and clean If it will not help, to decrease the clock speed of the cores - I do not need so much performance for a daily use.

- Keyboard is far away of being convenient. All reviewers whom I know switch off the second touch pad immediately.

- The latest displays on the market are visibly better

- My BEOPlay A3 plays better, than these speakers. Bass is weak and the sound is colorless.

- and the main secret... The label on the bottom says "designed by ASUS". not B&O. :(

https://beointegration.wordpress.com/

1:BV7+BL7.1+BS4+BL6000+BV6+BL2000+MLGW+Beo4

2:BV7+BL7.4+BL3500+BM5+BL3+Lutron GE/Sivoia QS+HikVision+Dune+LinTronic+BLGW+Beo4+Beo5+Essence remote+BeoTime+BeoLinkPC+BL4+KNX+... BeoMaster900

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS