Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 3500 setup question

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Autoluminescent
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Autoluminescent Posted: Sat, Apr 13 2013 3:04 PM

Hello Smile I have a feeling this is an incredibly "newbie" question and I have tried to google it but without success, but since I am very much a newbie to this I will ask anyway, and I apologise in advance...

I recently acquired a Beogram 3500 from someone who had been going to throw it out. She is fairly sure it still works but simply didn't have space for her B&O setup anymore, and after having had it from new has decided it was finally time to downsize.

My plan had been to just plug it into the amplifier (I believe this is the right term.. apologies if I am mistaken) that I use for my current record deck, just to see if it worked before deciding what to do with it, but the person I got it from told me this was not possible as B&O products produce a hugely different output from standard and it could only be used with a fully B&O setup? I had been planning to plug it into a Technics SA-GX230D Stereo Receiver, but I am told now that I could damage it if I do so!

Is this the case, or should it work with my Technics in theory? If it requires a full B&O setup then it is sadly of little use to me!

Thanks in advance and apologies again for what may very well be a silly question!

Orava
Top 100 Contributor
Finland
Posts 991
Bronze Member
Orava replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 3:11 PM

You need an adapter, from DIN to RCA, And you need to unscrew two outermost pins from DIN plug, one from both sides to get it fit to adapter. This model has built-in RIAA, so it must be connected to AUX.

blah-blah and photographs as needed

Autoluminescent
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member

Thank you for your reply!

One of the cables I got with it is a female 5 pin DIN plug (that slots into the 5 pin DIN socket coming out of the back of the deck) that goes through to what looks like an RCA cable but with red, white, yellow and blue plugs - I don't know if this was used for this or a different part of her B&O setup, but if I only use the red and white parts of the RCA-esque end, plugged into the AUX on the receiver, would that work or is it risky? Or do I still need to remove some pins from somewhere?

Thanks

Orava
Top 100 Contributor
Finland
Posts 991
Bronze Member
Orava replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 7:38 PM

If you got only 5 pins, no need to remove. Original has 7 pins, maybe they 2 are removed allready. I dont see any risk, it is at normal audio level.

blah-blah and photographs as needed

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

You can connect it to any aux input, and you can connect any of the RCAs without any risk, these adapter cable comes in all colors and you never know which ones are the right one. Your adapter is connected for both in and out lines, but try it, no problems there, if no sound, try the next one.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS