Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Need help to fix CD door on my Beocenter 9000

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

UffeT
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
UffeT Posted: Wed, Apr 17 2013 6:47 PM

Both of the wires in the CD door  open/close mechanism is loose from the small wheel. What to do? Is there a simple way to get this working again?  Otherwise the unit is in a wonderful condition.

Orava
Top 100 Contributor
Finland
Posts 991
Bronze Member
Orava replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 8:32 AM

Simple, ah well stupid answer is, get them back on wheels. Routing might be trikcy depending on how  handy you are. Wink

It is not difficult job, I would say you should clean wires, if they are not broken, clean wheels and metal shafts + fit new belts.

Try search forum (also archived) you might find pictures.

blah-blah and photographs as needed

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Posts 5,495
Founder

The diagram shows the removal of the CD door. Open the cover and take out the plastic lid under the cover (4 plastic clips)

Lift the two sliding controls at arrow A out of the control track. Pull cover to left. Raise the cover clear of the locks "B" and then remove.

Regards Keith....

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Posts 5,495
Founder

The drive for each lid is made up of two pieces of cable 495 mm

Regards Keith....

UffeT
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
UffeT replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 4:59 PM

Thank You!! It´s up and running again!!

smartrepair
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member

Hi,

How do I get access to the sliding mechanism? My CD door cover popped out of the rails and part B, but there is no way to reinsert it.

I already opened the whole lid to the "service position" but cannot figure out how to remove the big middle mirror part, which I suppose must be removed to reinsert...

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sat, May 12 2018 2:19 PM

First remove the two glass panels (one screw each, left side from below, slide 5-8mm to the right and lift off)
Then you can see the four screws holding the center panel.
Note that these screws have captive nuts at the other side behind the large tape controller board, which is hinged and can
be swung down by losening two screws at its upper edge.

Oh, - and be careful with those glass panels. They will come lose from their plastic frames if not already refastened. 

Martin

smartrepair
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member

Many thanks! Will do it next week

Brattwell
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Brattwell replied on Tue, Dec 15 2020 3:05 PM

Thanks, this was super helpful!! Hard to find info on this unit and how to fix it.

It was super difficult though, took me hours and I regard myself as pretty handy :) so anyone taking this on I'd say err on the side of caution and tread carefully (the amount of times cords pinged off the pulleys/'part b' and inturn it all unravelling, yikes, serious patience and nimble fingers required)

One other thing I'd be keen to know and hope someone may be able to make a diagnosis on. My unit starts to buzz after it's been on for an hour or so. Not the speakers, the actual unit (not always though, just sometimes when it's been turned off at the mains)

Do you think it could be mains transformer or something in the power amp perhaps? I'm definitely not sure how to fix it so your thoughts & advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks again

Brattwell
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Brattwell replied on Tue, Dec 15 2020 5:21 PM

The buzz is very similar to the kind of buzz you get from some lighting dimmer switches (namely cheaper leading edge dimmers) hope that helps

Orava
Top 100 Contributor
Finland
Posts 991
Bronze Member
Orava replied on Wed, Dec 16 2020 11:32 AM

Maybe power capasitor solderings as they get warm.

blah-blah and photographs as needed

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS