Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeO 7002 loudspeakers

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 3 Followers

John
Top 500 Contributor
Yorkshire England
Posts 104
Bronze Member
John Posted: Sat, Mar 24 2012 10:11 AM

Can anyone tell me what 4ohm speakers match the 7002   of 1981 vintage ? 

Thanks John.

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 6:22 PM

You can use any passive speakers with the Beocenter 7002. The amplifier in the BC7002 is a particularly good one , producing a good 40W a channel RMS. This would be the equivalent of about 90W of music power which is what most systems claim today. You can use 4 or 8 ohm speakers - the impedance of speakers is only an estimate as it varies wildly through the frequency range.  A good choice for B&O speakers would be the S45.2 if you want small speakers , or the S75 or S120 if you want something a bit larger.

Peter

Yendys
Top 500 Contributor
Sydney
Posts 312
Founder
Yendys replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 10:00 PM
I have a BC7002 with S75s on a bookshelf and they sound very nice
Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sun, Mar 25 2012 7:25 AM

I agree with Peter.
The bigger speaker, the better sound.
Your Beocenter has a very well built amplifier, it's a discrete build rather than a hybrid chip
and it will pull even very large speakers with ease.

Martin

John
Top 500 Contributor
Yorkshire England
Posts 104
Bronze Member
John replied on Sun, Mar 25 2012 10:39 PM

Thank you guys for the reassuring words guys. I will have to keep a look out for pair of the larger speakers.

John.

ABRE
Not Ranked
Saddleworth
Posts 4
Bronze Member
ABRE replied on Mon, Apr 2 2012 7:19 PM

I have a pair of my late fathers 45's in Teak on floor stands which were connected to a 7002 which is in a poor state, but the speakers were in use upto a month ago the cones & rubber in good condition if you are interested pm me & make me an offer would prefer to see them go to a good home rather than just be part of the house clearance pile...

Andrew

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Mon, Apr 2 2012 7:56 PM

It will depend on which S45 - there were a number of types. The ones with two grilles are not the same at all.

Peter

ABRE
Not Ranked
Saddleworth
Posts 4
Bronze Member
ABRE replied on Mon, Apr 2 2012 9:13 PM

These are single grille with aluminium trim front & back of the case, they are mounted on metal floor stands by means of hex bolts into the back of the cabinet.

I believe the ones I have are S45's like those in this link, the dates match the purchase invoice I've just thrown away...

http://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=665

John
Top 500 Contributor
Yorkshire England
Posts 104
Bronze Member
John replied on Mon, Apr 2 2012 10:39 PM

Hi Andrew, I am interested. Please could you Email me some photos to show condition of your speakers? I will Pm you with my Email address.

Hi Peter, Do you know if there any S45s that will not work with my Beocenter 7002?

Thanks John.

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Mon, Apr 2 2012 10:50 PM

They will all work but there are three types. The first two are fine  - these have a single piece grille - the best are the later ones as they will often come with stands - here are a pair of mine.

The later type with two grilles, as pictured here, are not in the same class at all.

Peter

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

My first pair of B&O speakers were the later S45's. I have had two pairs; the first were used with a Beomaster 2400 when I was about 8-9 years old (2002-2003), the foam sorrounds disintegrated some years later and we didn't knew that they could be refoamed, so a second pair of the same type was bought as a replacement. I grew my first LP-playing setup on those when I was 14, and I thought that they were very good sounding at the time. I began to upgrade my system at 15; The 70's ITT amplifier was replaced with a Beomaster 5500 (and momentarily a Beomaster 6000 quad too!), the cheap Pioneer PL-23 record player was replaced with the vastly superior Beogram 4002 and so on. The last change was Beovox S60 (and later S75) replacing the well-served S45's. I immediately noticed the overall better sound of the S60's with much deeper bass and more precise treble response; the S45's were sold and I never looked back, though they were fine speakers to begin with.

I have also (briefly) had a pair of the older S45's meant for my cousin's Beomaster 4400 system. Replaced the capacitors and epoxy-glued the woofer magnet and tested it. It sounds like a miniature S60 IMO. Less bass because of a smaller woofer/cabinet, the treble is well defined and I want a pair for myself!

Sorry if the post was too long Embarrassed

Vinyl records, cassettes, open reel, valve amplifiers and film photography.

Hamish
Not Ranked
Lismore Australia
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Hamish replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 9:53 AM

hullo I was after the back strip on the turntable on the 7002......you say your one is in poor state would you sell the strip?

ABRE
Not Ranked
Saddleworth
Posts 4
Bronze Member
ABRE replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 2:35 PM

Hi Hamish

Sorry johnpc took the lot.

Andrew

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 8:47 AM

I tried some Beovox Pentas on my 7700 and they sounded really good - in fact almost better than the Beolabs fed by the Avant and BC3000. There's something nice and warm about passive speakers and separate amplifiers

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS