Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

EarSet 3i broken cable

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael Posted: Wed, May 22 2013 12:41 PM

Hi, now it has happened again. My EarSet 3i has broken yet again. I got them fixed once. I had the same problem with my previous headset EarSet 3 also. I contacted B&O about it because I really think it is a design flaw. The problem always occur at the connector which is very hard and doesnt have a rubber guide like most cables that follows the cable a few millimeters to allow for some bend but not too much stress.

Have anyone of you had this problem?

B&O simply said that they cant help me but they where going to show it to their designer.

I always take very good care of my headphones and fold the cables carefully into a circle and put them in my laptop bag.

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

SJensen
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
SJensen replied on Wed, May 22 2013 10:58 PM

Normal 0 false false false DA JA X-NONE

I have the exact same problem. 

I bought my EarSet 3i for Christmas and it is already broken Sad 

I handed my headphones in to my local B&O dealer a couple of days ago but I still haven't heard from them, but I really hope they will fix them.

As you, I always take very good care of my headphones, so it is sad to se them broken after just 4 month.  

I agree with you - it is a complete design flaw!!

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Thu, May 23 2013 7:42 AM

SJensen:

I bought my EarSet 3i for Christmas and it is already broken Sad 

I handed my headphones in to my local B&O dealer a couple of days ago but I still haven't heard from them, but I really hope they will fix them.

As you, I always take very good care of my headphones, so it is sad to se them broken after just 4 month.  

I agree with you - it is a complete design flaw!!

I am not surprised, since the design of the connector is so bad. It makes it almost impossible not to bend the cable to much easily. I think it is too much stress on the cable at that end when you walk with your iPhone and the cable swings around lightly. It wears a lot on that small part I suppose. 

I have bought a few pairs now and I don't have warranty left on these. Now I use a pair of Apple EarPods but they are more bass than anything else.

Don't know what kind of headset I should buy instead. I don't think B&O will take me seriously and I don't intend on buying crap (thats why I bought the EarSets in the first place).  

I hate to buy from another brand but I don't rely on B&O for headphones anymore.  

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

etype76
Not Ranked
Tokyo, Japan
Posts 76
Bronze Member
etype76 replied on Sun, Sep 11 2016 11:22 AM

I've had the exact same problem in 2016. The day before I was flying out on holiday I went into a shop, unplugged my EarSet 3i, when I plugged them back into my iPhone they didn't work! I was convinced it was the iPhone. I restarted it, cleaned the jack but after trying them in another device it was the earphones. Now I've got to take a considerable amount of time to take them back to the shop and have them repaired. Some sound does come through when I 'tweak' around the base of the jack...so it's sounds like the same design flaw. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS