Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 10 with Apple TV

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

thunderstarter
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
thunderstarter Posted: Sat, Aug 10 2013 8:04 AM

hi, i wasnt sure if to post this in general or mac, so ive gone with mac...

ive managed to get the Apple TV playing on the Beovision 10 via a HDMI cable but Ive only got picture and no sound. Does sound transmit over HDMI? is it just a setting somewhere or do I need another cable?

Im sure my Sky Box runs sound and picture through 1 hdmi cable?!?

Thanks for any help

HVD
Not Ranked
Denmark
Posts 37
Bronze Member
HVD replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 8:23 AM

I've got a BV11 with Apple TV connected through HDMI, and yes sound goes through HDMI. There should be no difference between BV10/11!

I'm not familiar with BV10, but have you run through all the settings for Apple TV on the BV and in Apple TV menu?

HVD
Not Ranked
Denmark
Posts 37
Bronze Member
HVD replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 8:23 AM

I've got a BV11 with Apple TV connected through HDMI, and yes sound goes through HDMI. There should be no difference between BV10/11!

I'm not familiar with BV10, but have you run through all the settings for Apple TV on the BV and in Apple TV menu?

thunderstarter
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member

after a lot of messing about in the settings, i went to S/P-DIF and set this to another channel and the sound has started working.... but it wasnt something that worked out of the box

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

My AppleTV to BV experiences were plug'n'play.

Seems to be a handshake problem. Often hard un-/plugging the cable helps, or using another.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS