Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoVision 12-65 New Generation unveiled

rated by 0 users
This post has 40 Replies | 3 Followers

johnnielse
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Bronze Member
johnnielse Posted: Wed, Aug 14 2013 9:35 AM

Bang & Olufsen has officially unveiled the new BeoVision 12-65 New Generation TV.

Prices in the link.

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1376469110

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 10:33 AM
You can take also a look at the new Beosystem 4 on B&O website.

Very interesting info in the specs of BS 4:

HDMI

6 x connections. (5 x HDMI on BeoSystem 4, 1 x HDMI out for connection of external monitor or projector)

As already discussed I assume you will need a HDMI splitter and probably a software update to connect an external monitor (BV 12) AND a projector.

Greetings

Räuber
PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
PhilLondon replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 11:10 AM

I wonder how you connect a BS4 to a MLGW.

Does it need a NL<>ML converter??

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member

Quite like it on a stand, but i think it will spend all its time on a wall. Would be interesting to compare the picture quality of the old and the new picture engines.

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Raeuber:
You can take also a look at the new Beosystem 4 on B&O website.

Very interesting info in the specs of BS 4:

HDMI 6 x connections. (5 x HDMI on BeoSystem 4, 1 x HDMI out for connection of external monitor or projector)

As already discussed I assume you will need a HDMI splitter and probably a software update to connect an external monitor (BV 12) AND a projector.

Greetings

Räuber

Hi Räuber,

there is only one HDMI out. 

You either use this for a BV127BV4 or a non B&O display - or for the projector.

The SW update and the possibility to use both a main tv and a projector is announced for end of the year.

It is supposed that this is done via a switch!

BUT - how about this: a Matrix Switch - which could make it possible to have 2 (or more) BSys4 and multiple BV's/monitors in a setup.

Just a though of mine, speculations ( Sorry  - I shouldn't do it, but...)

But it is possible to place the BSys4 in a rack in a tech-room - so why not?

They must have thought of something - otherweise they could just have implemented the 2 outputs direct in the BSys4 like on the BSys3.

Now have a look!

There is a tv - and there is a BV

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,842
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 12:54 PM

Appart from the lack of 2xHDMI support (there should also be 2x "monitor control" outputs...), there is one design thing that is lacking :

I found the whole concept of the BSys3 very "B&O" because of its reversed design : connectors were on the front, cables guided by the lateral tubes.

Now they are going back to a normal design with nothing at the front and connectors at the back... I don't understand why... Maybe this conservative design is better to place the BSys4 on a rack, a feature asked by users?

Here it is in real life :

MartinW
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 389
Bronze Member
MartinW replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 1:06 PM
wtlc2zpx:

I wonder how you connect a BS4 to a MLGW.

Does it need a NL<>ML converter??

Hi Phil, MLGW sits on the ethernet network, just like the BSys4 - so therefore they both talk via the router. There is never a need for an NL convertor specifically to use MLGW - it effectively can already speak ML or NL out of the box.

There is an ML socket on the MLGW to connect older products that have no ethernet connection such as BV7/BV10 etc.

Newer products talk to it via its ethernet socket.

Hope that helps.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Hi mbee,

Yes - thumbs up - Thanks for the real-live-picture.

There is a wall mount for the BSys4 as well - if that ain't pretty enough, I am am sure STBBrackets will come up with something else.

The BSys4 will mostly be hidden in a rack or a cupboard or inside the BV12 - so I personally won't miss the 'design' of the BSys3. 

MM

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,842
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 1:46 PM

Hi Millemissen,

I spoke about design, not about style : the design of the BS3 is practical : you just open the door and all your connections are there, meaning that you can check quickly if you have a bad connector, or can quickly access to connectors when adding a device, changing a decoding card...

Even hidden, the BSys3 benefits of this smart design! With a Bsys4, try to add a HDMI device when everything is connected, with short cables....
Other thing : I use to disconnect the antenna when a very big thunderstorm is happening (just in case)... At the back of a device, it's a nightmare!

manitou
Not Ranked
germany
Posts 61
Bronze Member
manitou replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 1:47 PM

if i look at the backside of my bv 11 the "new" beosystem 4 is always integrated in my tv.

the box shown above has no build in harddiskrecorder, but if you use the unused holes on the right, you have an additional sat in....and maybe a second hdmi out (+control) integrated in this box.

grüße horst

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Hi mbee,

as far as I know the BSys3 it has this kind of 'black sliding down thing'! that hides the most of the connections - and almost cuts your cables when mounting it (and your fingers).

And it has the small 'door' for access to the smartcards and the headphone out, and some analog-in's (AV5 and 6).

The BSys3 looks nice when wallmounted with this black cover, but I would not call it practical or smart if it is placed in a cupboard.

What you call the backside of the BSys4, is for me the frontside. And you can place that up or down or left or right - just like you need it.

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

manitou:

if i look at the backside of my bv 11 the "new" beosystem 4 is always integrated in my tv.

the box shown above has no build in harddiskrecorder, but if you use the unused holes on the right, you have an additional sat in....and maybe a second hdmi out (+control) integrated in this box.

grüße horst

Hallo Horst,

well spotted - there are some 'unused holes' in this cabinet.

As for the harddisk recorder - it does not seem to be a part of the BSys4/BV12.

There are still many open questions Confused

Greetings Millemissen

christophe67
Not Ranked
Haute Savoie, France
Posts 44
Bronze Member

Hello

Any ideas on the stand alone price for BSys 4?

Cheers

Christophe

Bv7Mk3
Top 150 Contributor
uk
Posts 781
Bronze Member
Bv7Mk3 replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 3:11 PM
Can someone tell me the price of Bs4 on its own please?

Thanks..
Luke
Top 500 Contributor
Basel, Switzerland
Posts 86
Bronze Member
Luke replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 3:49 PM

So, could I use this BeoSystem 4 with my BV4, I would like to be able to play 3D on the projector, at the moment it is limited by the BS 3 ?

That could be very interesting. 

Martin
Top 200 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 357
Silver Member
Martin replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 3:53 PM

Hi,

The stand-alone price in Sweden of Bs4 is 33.000 SEK. With a GBP/SEK convertion of 10,10 today it would be about 3.300 GBP (approx.)

I must say that it is nice that the price has come down to half the price of Beosystem 3. BUT: the question is how much cheaper components B&O have chosen to build the BS4 when you compare it with BS3. Or another side of the question: what made the Bs3 so expensive?

Maybe someone have some answersSmile 

Regards
Martin

NEW! Beovision Eclipse 65 2nd generation (G1) with floorstand (from STB Brackets), Beolab 50 front, Beolab 3 rear, 2 x Beoplay A6 linkrooms, 2xBeoremote one BT, Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Beosound 5 (for DLNA only),  Philips Hue (all lights in the home), Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K (2021 model). Beoremote HALO, 3xBeoplay Charging pad, Beoplay M5

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Raeuber:

Greetings

Räuber

Hi Räuber,

Maybe the following Q's and A's helps understanding:

"Q. IN the autumn update, will the switch for 2 HDMI connections be hardware or software?

A. It will be a hardware HDMI switch.

Q. Will the switch be internal or external?

A. It will be an external switch.

Q. Why was the decision to have only 1 HDMI output taken (seems a backward step from BeoSystem 3)? 

A. We optimised BeoSystem 4 for BeoVision 12-65 or Home cinema to give an attractive price.  Our experience globally shows that most home cinema installations have a dedicated projector installed only.  For those who require both Projector and BeoVision 12 we will have the HDMI switch therefore keeping a better price for the majority of clients."

This last answer could be an answer to the post just above.

Greetings Millemissen

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 4:38 PM

johnnielse:

Bang & Olufsen has officially unveiled the new BeoVision 12-65 New Generation TV.

Nice. Now this is something I really like. I nearly pulled the trigger on a BV12-65 at the end of 2012, when it was offered to me with quite a deep discount.

Does anyone have the UK RRP for the BV12-65NG plus wall bracket? My guess is £12,995, but wouldn't be surprised if it's priced 1:1 with the EUR!

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 10:03 PM
Millemissen:

Hi Räuber,

Maybe the following Q's and A's helps understanding:

" Q. IN the autumn update, will the switch for 2 HDMI connections be hardware or software?

A. It will be a hardware HDMI switch.

Q. Will the switch be internal or external?

A. It will be an external switch.

Q. Why was the decision to have only 1 HDMI output taken (seems a backward step from BeoSystem 3)?

A. We optimised BeoSystem 4 for BeoVision 12-65 or Home cinema to give an attractive price. Our experience globally shows that most home cinema installations have a dedicated projector installed only. For those who require both Projector and BeoVision 12 we will have the HDMI switch therefore keeping a better price for the majority of clients."

This last answer could be an answer to the post just above.

Greetings Millemissen

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Thank you very much for these infos, Millemissen. Although I doubt a second HDMI output would be very expensive.

BTW: Because of the optional floorstand for BV 12 I think BV 7-55 is now very obsolete. It will be interesting to see how long it will take until a successor.

Greetings

Räuber
expoman
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 182
Silver Member
expoman replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 10:45 PM

The 103" plasma on the floor stand with the beosystem 3 is also obsolete if it hasn't been already deleted now.

I would think the old cables out the front of the beosystem 3 with the black cover was mostly David Lewis driven for the Beovision 9.  

MartinW
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 389
Bronze Member
MartinW replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 10:48 PM
Raeuber:

BTW: Because of the optional floorstand for BV 12 I think BV 7-55 is now very obsolete. It will be interesting to see how long it will take until a successor.

Greetings

Räuber

I think the BV12-65 is a much bigger screen size than the BV7-55 and for that reason I wouldn't think that it would make it obsolete - of course time will tell and the 65" could well prove me wrong!

However...

BV7 in all sizes is no longer in production, the only stock available now is what is held by dealers - no more is being produced by the factory.
expoman
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 182
Silver Member
expoman replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 10:48 PM

Sounds like there will be some Beosystem 3's on ebay very soon.Smile

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 2:41 AM
Millemissen:

Hi Räuber,

there is only one HDMI out.

You either use this for a BV127BV4 or a non B&O display - or for the projector.

Hi Millemissen,

simple (probably silly) question: Can I connect HDMI out with BV7, so I would have a BV7 NG??

/Räuber
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Hi Räuber,

I don't see why you couldn't ---- if you can find the HDMI-in of the BV7 display Surprise

Greetings MM

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 9:07 AM
Millemissen:

Hi Räuber,

I don't see why you couldn't ---- if you can find the HDMI-in of the BV7 display

Greetings MM

That means you can't use a "normal" HDMI connection?
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Please clarify your question?

You want to use the BV7 as 'monitor only'???

Since MK3  this has been driven by the BSys3 - probably through an internal DVI connection (or later a HDMI).

If you swap the BSys3 with the BSys4 (that of corce must be placed outside), it must work - I don't see why not?

That is, if you can reach this DVI/HDMI connection.

One problem might be: how to turn off and on the screen - but if is possible with the 3 why not with the 4.

You would not have the statusinfo on the right side of the screen, and you would have to have an external ir-eye.

I am sure it will need 'some efford' to make this possible - the more technical skilled users with knowledge of the 'insides' of the BV7 probably can give more/better information than I can.

But...why? 

Is it really that worth it?

If you already have the BV7 and can do it yourself, it might be. 

Then again - it might even be something for a skilled 2. hand seller to 'produce' some BV7/BSys4 tv's for the 'old school design lovers' who wants to pay for 'their love' Big Smile

N.B. The BSys4 will also be sold as a replacement for the BSys3 with the BV4!

Greetings Millemissen

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Raeuber:

That means you can't use a "normal" HDMI connection?

Or did you mean, that you could just 'pop it in' to one of the HDMI's of the BV7, and use it as a source???

You could - but how would you then control two systems at one time CryingConfused

MM

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 10:01 AM
In my opinion the critical question of success of Beosystem 4 will be whether it can provide a 4K panel with 4K signals. Especially if this is true:

Roger:

Agree with Millemissen - the BV12 will exist along with the future BV7 replacement, the one with the speaker that slides out from under the telly and then extends to both sides (but still not as wide as the tv). The 3 versions of could be launched in April, May and June 2014 (the two larger versions will be 75" and 85").

Roger

Nowadays 75" and 85" panels will need 4K technology! (Take a look at the new Samsungs: http://www.samsung.com/de/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/uhd-tv)

And I think the future BV7 replacement (BV14??) will have an inbuilt BS4 (like BV11).

But I can't find any infos in specs of BS4 about 4K!?

Regards

Räuber
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

You can't find any, because there aren't any!

You also can not find any info on the used HDMI version!

MM

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 10:20 AM
Millemissen:

Or did you mean, that you could just 'pop it in' to one of the HDMI's of the BV7, and use it as a source???

You could - but how would you then control two systems at one time

MM

Yes, this is what I mean.

Of course it's not a practical but a theoretical question. It could be useful to compare the engine quality of BS4 and BS3 with a BV7.

And there is another reason why I want to discuss this question: Last year I asked my dealer if it would be possible to connect my BV7 with my BV10 (link TV) by using a long HDMI cable and HDMI OUT connection of BV7/HDMI IN connection of BV10 and use BV7 as a source of BV10. This could realize distribution of HD video without HDMI Matrix. But my dealer told me that this wouldn't work, but I didn't checked it out. Of course PUC control of BV7 via BV10 is another question.

Greetings

Räuber
bayerische
Top 25 Contributor
Ekenäs, Finland
Posts 4,770
Bronze Member
bayerische replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 10:31 AM

I'm sure this thing is a great, but I'm sorry that the design is this bad, or let's say no design.

Too long to list.... 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Do you mean the design of the BSys4?

It is just a machine, the engine - one that normally is hidden away.

MM

bayerische
Top 25 Contributor
Ekenäs, Finland
Posts 4,770
Bronze Member
bayerische replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 10:42 AM

Millemissen, I know. But as mbee said, the BS3 wasn't a thing of beauty, but the beauty of it was in how the connections where rooted on the sides, and the removable cover.

IMHO, B&O should always (even if something is hidden away) be at the pinnacle of design. 

Too long to list.... 

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 10:46 AM
I think he means BV12 itself, and yes this is a "no-design-tv", a panel from another brand with B&O-logo, but without any "B&O-magic"!
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Well he didn't!

The BV12 - everytime I see it, I say 'wow' 'beautiful' 🎆

I respect your view/opinion - but I don't understand it.

Greetings MM

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 12:37 PM
Millemissen:

Well he didn't!

The BV12 - everytime I see it, I say 'wow' 'beautiful' 🎆

I respect your view/opinion - but I don't understand it.

Greetings MM

Hi MM,

first time I saw BV12, I asked myself why B&O presents such a "normal" TV without a typical B&O-design. But of course I respect your opinion too!

But again, I'm very curious about Roger's info:

Roger:

Agree with Millemissen - the BV12 will exist along with the future BV7 replacement, the one with the speaker that slides out from under the telly and then extends to both sides (but still not as wide as the tv). The 3 versions of could be launched in April, May and June 2014 (the two larger versions will be 75" and 85").

I really hope this is not only a wish or speculation, but becomes true next year (with 4K). And of course not as expensive like a luxury car...

Greetings

Räuber
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

"..... not as expensive like a luxury car..."

One thing you can be sure of is....they will!

MM

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 2:06 PM
This is exactly what I fear. So I will keep my BV7 and buy a new luxury car (of course with B&O sound system)....
BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
Alsace 🇨🇵
Posts 1,247
Bronze Member
BeoBoy68 replied on Fri, Aug 16 2013 10:34 AM
+1 Raeuber
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member