Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocenter 2 help needed

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG Posted: Thu, Aug 15 2013 5:21 PM

Hi,

I need some help with my Beocenter 2 MK1 from 2005.

It is connected via Scart to a satellite box and from there via Scart to an Avant.
I want to watch DVDs on the Avant and control the Beocenter 2 via Remote (preferred Beo 4 with DVD key) and listen to music over my Beolabs which are connected via Powerlink.

My problems:

1.) As soon as I hit the DVD key, the Avant switches to "DVD" but the satellite box is connected via "V.Aux". Or is it possible to get the same signal from the satellite box via "V.Aux" and "DVD"?

2.) When I press DVD the Beocenter 2 turns on and when I hit stop on the Beo 4 it stops... for 1 second and plays on after the short pause!? I want the DVD control dead simple to use for my grand parents. Does NOT seem to be possible.

3.) The system does not store all changed menu options:
When I set the option video out to "Y/C" "stored" blinks in the display but the option is NOT stored. The same is with e.g. display options: switch from default to extended, hit "go", "stored" blinks but the Beocenter 2 does NOT store it. Am i to dumb to use it?  When I switched the display language it works fine, the same goes for the list items or the audio options. These are stored and switched, but the other options I mentioned do not change no matter how often I hit "go" (and at the moment I'm in the mood to really HIT that "GO" button) Big Smile

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 5:38 PM

2. Press stop twice quickly?

Peter

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 7:36 PM

Do you have a Masterlink cable between the TV and the BC2 master unit?

The BC2 manual should give all the possible configurations, or is this a set- up that has worked before but is now misbehaving?

Graham

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Fri, Aug 16 2013 11:55 AM

@Peter: Pressing it twice didn't work

@vikinger: No Masterlink to the TV.

I tried Audio Option 2 and now the Beocenter  works to 80% as it should.

I solved the "stored" issue: It does not store the changed menu items when you just hit "go", I had to switch the menu item with the up/down keys and then hit "go". Now it stored everything.

Further issues and I hope you can help me:

- Satellite box is connected via SCART to the AVANT and is accessed via "V.Aux". Now, when I hit DVD on the Beo 4 the Avant switches on, too and - you guess - it does NOT show the picture of the satellite box anymore. The Beocenter 2 Scart is connected to the sattelite box.
Can I solve this issue or do I just have to use a 2nd scart cable to the Avant?

- Whenever I turn up the volume via remote the Beocenter AND the Avant are changing the volume level and the Beocenter switches on my Beolabs which I don't want to happen!
I just want DVD audio via Scart on the Avant and only CD Audio, Radio etc. via Beolabs. The Beocenter is set to DVD audio output: "Scart"
How can I achieve that?

Radio, N.Music, N.Radio, CD, A.Aux works all just fine as it should. So I guess it's "Error 40"!

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Fri, Aug 16 2013 12:06 PM

Sorry, but all I can add is that my old Beocenter 2 to BV5 set up had all sorts of problems when I first set it up because the dealer had forgotten to give me a Masterlink cable. Once the Masterlink cable was installed between the TV and BC2 control box everything functioned properly.

Graham

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Fri, Aug 16 2013 12:23 PM

oh, that does NOT sound good.... Wink

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS