Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocom 6000

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

milanoli
Not Ranked
Posts 18
Bronze Member
milanoli Posted: Thu, Aug 29 2013 4:16 PM

I have a MK1 Beocom 6000 that will not turn on. I have replaced the batteries but this had no effect. When I get the phone to turn on it says 'searching for base' for around 2 secs then turns off. Any idea if it can be repaired?

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
Posts 1,106
Bronze Member

You need to 'tell' the handset that it has a new battery: Charge the new one a few mins then punch in 9#9#9*655, then depress the center button.  It should beep several times.  Also, those phones are very fussy about which batteries will work with them.  Best to get the proper replacement from B&O.

beowild
Not Ranked
Posts 53
Bronze Member
beowild replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 7:32 AM

Hi milanoli

You have to register the Beocom to the base-station. If you have a regular PSTN-base, you have to push the button on the back of the base for 4 seconds. Then the base is ready to register your beocom for about 5 minutes. If you have a ISDN-base, disconnect it from the mains for 2 seconds, then reconnect.

To register the beocom , you have first to press the mid button to switch on, then the phone symbol. The phone asks you "Register BASE?"-> OK

I hope this helps. Some times you just have to "Reboot" your base station to let things work again.

We have 3 Beocom 6000 and a ISDN base station working for 11 years now and only had one serious trouble when my wife put one of the sets under water. Thanks to the immediate help from one of the members of this forum even this set still works.

Good luck, David 

milanoli
Not Ranked
Posts 18
Bronze Member

Thanks for your replies. Problem is the phone just turns itself off after 2 seconds so i dont get chance to try any of the suggestions! Leaving the phone on the Charging base has no effect....

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
Posts 1,106
Bronze Member

Possibly an incompatible battery.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Fri, Jan 23 2015 9:59 AM

Thank you Beoworld Forum members !!

Came home tonight to the problem "the phone does not work !"

Problem was not power, battery - my first assumption - but rather no dial tone and no calls into the 6000 (but they did pass through to our BeoTalk) ...

So after checking all connection to the Beocom 6000 and the Beotalk 1200 and making sure there was connective to the Base I resorted to a search in the forum and found this entry ...

beowild:

Some times you just have to "Reboot" your base station to let things work again.

So I switched the Base off for 10 seconds, powered back on, and bingo we had the dial tone back.

Thanks guys !!

BeoNut since '75

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS