Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovox 4703

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

spikeanded
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
spikeanded Posted: Thu, Sep 5 2013 12:43 AM

Hi, I recently bought a pair of 4703 speakers for a low price. I already knew they were in bad condition cosmetically, but hoped to restore them to some extent. But unfortunately one cabinet got dropped in transit. Apart from a crunched corner, by far the worst problem is that both the bass units in that cabinet now have dislodged magnets/pole pieces with the result that the cones do not move due to the voice coil being pinched in the gap. I have been advised to replace both bass units, but do not want modern units (even if I could find some that fitted). So does anyone have any spare drive units or a tatty old pair of 4703's I could use as a donor pair? I am in the UK. Thanks Tony.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Look here and here its possible to repair them, keep us posted

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

And welcome to the forum, we love pics

spikeanded
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member

Thanks, I have attempted to repair the first bass unit tonight. Once i have done both bass units, I will move on to re-foaming the midrange units. I don't have much information about these speakers. Does anybody know who made the drive units? I think the bass is by Philips, the midrange Peerless and the tweeters SEAS, but I could be wrong. Also, what can I expect as far as sound quality goes? (I have never heard them). 

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 1:23 AM

Sorry, I can't help you with any of your questions.  But I did want to congratulate you on attempting to fix those woofers!  I had a great, great experience fixing 4 woofers of a pair of Beovox P45s.  My favorite project of all time!

Keep letting us know your progress, and good luck!!!!

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Rich:

Sorry, I can't help you with any of your questions.  But I did want to congratulate you on attempting to fix those woofers!  I had a great, great experience fixing 4 woofers of a pair of Beovox P45s.  My favorite project of all time!

Keep letting us know your progress, and good luck!!!!

I copy Rich, I have a pair of 3702s and like them a lot, keep us updated also about the sound quality.

spikeanded
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member

They now work and sound quite good. Maybe not as detailed in the treble as a modern speaker, but nice and mellow. Next project is to try to repair the cabinet damage on one corner. Any ideas?

Christian Christensen
Top 150 Contributor
Stockholm
Posts 512
Bronze Member

Are the bassunits in 4703, of same sensitive case as P45 ?

Have just bought a pair in a different city that a friend will pickup and store until our roads cross.

Christian 

My re-capped M75 are my precious diamonds.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS