Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Connect Mac Book Air to Master 5

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers

Itskins
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Itskins Posted: Sat, Apr 7 2012 6:09 AM

Hello!

Very happy to have found your forum hope you guys will be able help me. I want to connect one Mac Book Air to Master 5 to be able to play ( And controle with my iphone with Remote) my Itunes library.

Could anyone help?

Thx in advance!!

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Sun, May 20 2012 11:36 AM
Itskins:

Hello!

Very happy to have found your forum hope you guys will be able help me. I want to connect one Mac Book Air to Master 5 to be able to play ( And controle with my iphone with Remote) my Itunes library.

Could anyone help?

Thx in advance!!

Hello Itskins!

The Beomaster 5 doesnt have its own audio aux input. It is usually connected to a beosound stereo via masterlink for the playing of fm/am radio, cd, tapes, a.aux (audio aux) etc.

HOWEVER it is possible to connect a usb soundcard to it and use that for a. Aux as long as your beomaster 5 is updated (which it does by itself over the internet). For more info please look here http://soundsheavenly.co.uk/bando-bm5.htm

That means that you can connect your macbook air either from a connected beosound-stereo with a.aux or buy a usb-soundcard that works with beomaster 5.

I would suggest that you also buy an airport express to send music from your iPhone to your stereo. Your iPhone can browse your computers music (not just the music in your phone) and send it to your speakers over airplay with an airport express.

If you rather send music from the mac you either need it connectedto the beomaster 5 or buy an airport express anyway and also the program airfoil which is neccesary to send sound from your mac over airplay today.

I hope you find my answer helpful and please ask again if you need any more help :)

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

DoubleU
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 562
Bronze Member
DoubleU replied on Sun, May 20 2012 12:17 PM

The Behringer UCA202 is a lot cheaper and most likely the same product as the one from Soundheavenly.. 

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Sun, May 20 2012 1:36 PM

DoubleU:

The Behringer UCA202 is a lot cheaper and most likely the same product as the one from Soundheavenly.. 

Thanks for the info! You are absolutely right. I didn't know about this and I must say that it is wrong of Sounds heavenly to photoshop out the product name in the picture and sell it just as "Aux convertor". 

I can find it for half the price in sweden but I am not sure if they still have the product. Either way it is not very expensive but I think they could at least let people know what it is called because it is faul marketing to do this just to confuse the customer. 

I can, however, see one difference from the one unit Sounds heavenly sell and the one on behringers website: the sounds heavenly one has a Line/phono-switch with grounds for vinyl players - the behringer uca202 doesnt, but it do have optical sound out - which the sounds heavenly product dont.

UPDATE: It is not the UCA202 Sounds heavenly sells, I think it is UFO 202 after looking in to it a bit. But they do retail for the same price as UCA 202 :).

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi Michael,

I apologise if you are unhappy with the product photo that I've placed on the website.I had been advised (by a friend with legal experience) not to show product names in cases where the product is not being used for its originally intended purpose-I was told that this precaution was needed to prevent potential litigation from the manufacturer......

In this case, I carried out extensive testing on an alternative product to the one originally specified by B&O with the aim of adding a switchable RIAA pre-amp to the BeoMaster 5 Aux input as mentioned in the posts above.  When I initially purchased these items, the supply prices were high and hence my selling price reflected this, but now that these have become more competitively priced here in UK I will be reducing my prices accordingly, so thank you for the feedback.

I will also review the images that I was given for this product to ensure that they are as accurate as possible.  I will try to get this updated over the next couple of days, but please feel free to drop an email if you have any comments or suggestions.

kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Please check out my YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/soundsheavenlycables

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Fri, Jun 8 2012 11:57 PM
stevem:

Hi Michael,

I apologise if you are unhappy with the product photo that I've placed on the website.I had been advised (by a friend with legal experience) not to show product names in cases where the product is not being used for its originally intended purpose-I was told that this precaution was needed to prevent potential litigation from the manufacturer......

In this case, I carried out extensive testing on an alternative product to the one originally specified by B&O with the aim of adding a switchable RIAA pre-amp to the BeoMaster 5 Aux input as mentioned in the posts above. When I initially purchased these items, the supply prices were high and hence my selling price reflected this, but now that these have become more competitively priced here in UK I will be reducing my prices accordingly, so thank you for the feedback.

I will also review the images that I was given for this product to ensure that they are as accurate as possible. I will try to get this updated over the next couple of days, but please feel free to drop an email if you have any comments or suggestions.

kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.co.uk

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor the BeoWorld forums!

Hello Steve,

I understand. It is always easy to be a critic and I did not mean to talk down to you. I just thought it was a bit strange. I don't think there is anything wrong in how the product is being used by the way.

I am grateful that you do have the skills and energy to put together solutions for our b&o equipment and will probably need your help sometime in the future :).

Cheers,

/Michael

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your feedback, I've now found a better source of supply for this item, so I will be able to reduce the advertised price on Monday when I get back into the workshop.  I will also update the photos and product description to ensure that they are as accurate as possible.

I am always very careful to ensure that any items I sell are fully tested in the intended application and clearly described, so I'm grateful for your comments where there are areas that I can improve on.

I will be in touch shortly to update you once the pricing and website listings have been updated.  Thanks again for your comments and have a good weekend!

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi Michael,

Just a quick note to update you that I've added un-edited product photos and full product details for this item on my website and ebay listings, so you can see the full description and images of the product without any ambiguity.  I've also managed to reduce my prices by £10 GBP on the website and £8 GBP on ebay, without compromising on the free shipping, 60 day money-back guarantee, full warranty and unlimited free technical support that I always offer with everything that I sell.

Thanks again for your comments and suggestions and for helping me to make these listings clearer.  If I can do anything else to improve the services that I offer to BeoWorlders, please feel free to ask!

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Sun, Jun 10 2012 6:54 PM

Steve at Sounds Heavenly:

Hi Michael,

Just a quick note to update you that I've added un-edited product photos and full product details for this item on my website and ebay listings, so you can see the full description and images of the product without any ambiguity.  I've also managed to reduce my prices by £10 GBP on the website and £8 GBP on ebay, without compromising on the free shipping, 60 day money-back guarantee, full warranty and unlimited free technical support that I always offer with everything that I sell.

Thanks again for your comments and suggestions and for helping me to make these listings clearer.  If I can do anything else to improve the services that I offer to BeoWorlders, please feel free to ask!

Kind regards, Steve.

Hi Steve,

I am almost amazed at your service mindedness :)

I wasnt the one who needed this adapter but I hope alot of other people do. I just wanted to help him find a product and recommended your product.

Now get back to the drawing board and fix masterlink for our V1:s =)

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Thanks Michael,

I'm working on it! I've already got IR Blaster cables for the V1, plus RJ45 to Powerlink adapters and I will be launching a headphone adapter for the V1 in the next couple of days (why, oh why didn't B&O include a headphone socket on the TV in the first place?)

Masterlink compatibility is proving to be a tricky one, this will probably need an Ethernet connection and converter to get any control of the V1 over an ML network.  For setups where a link room needs to be fed from a V1, this is fairly straightforward via the Line Out option in the speaker setup menu.

As always, watch this space and I'll have an answer very soon! Yes - thumbs up

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Mon, Jun 11 2012 2:15 PM

Steve at Sounds Heavenly:

Thanks Michael,

I'm working on it! I've already got IR Blaster cables for the V1, plus RJ45 to Powerlink adapters and I will be launching a headphone adapter for the V1 in the next couple of days (why, oh why didn't B&O include a headphone socket on the TV in the first place?)

Masterlink compatibility is proving to be a tricky one, this will probably need an Ethernet connection and converter to get any control of the V1 over an ML network.  For setups where a link room needs to be fed from a V1, this is fairly straightforward via the Line Out option in the speaker setup menu.

As always, watch this space and I'll have an answer very soon! Yes - thumbs up

Kind regards, Steve.

Interesting to hear :) I understand masterlink will be an issue. I was thinking something of using PUC and line in for sound. Perhaps that could work + P.MUTE? Not really sure what I am thinking about :)

didier
Not Ranked
Posts 32
Bronze Member
didier replied on Mon, Jun 11 2012 2:50 PM

install on your mac those 2 apps : plugs and player and i media share and you will be able to sound music directly from mac to master 5

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS