Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Problem with ML/NL and AUX

rated by 0 users
This post has 47 Replies | 0 Followers

Stan
Top 100 Contributor
Chicago-area USA
Posts 869
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Fri, Sep 9 2016 12:18 AM

On the "Setting" page, you need to turn on "line-in sensing" capability on the BLC.  Also, on the "Settings" page, you need to select the "ML Role" to be "Audio Master" (if there is no Audio Master on the ML) or "Source Center" (if there is no BS5/BM5 on the ML).

On the "Sources visible to ML" page, you need to find an open ML-source type that you can map the BLC Line in to.  For example, if you can set the BLC to be "audio master", then map one of the Audio Master sources (for example, "CD") to the BLC line-in.  Once this is complete, you should be able to select "CD" on the BV7, and it will play the audio from the BLC line-in.

If you have an Audio Master on your ML network, then you can set the BLC to behave like a BS5/BM5 as "Source Center", and then map N.Music or N.Radio to Line-In on the BLC.

Stan

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
thanks a lot. I somehow still struggle to get it to work.

1) I have enabled line-in sensing, which is in the setting under "powerlink"

2) The ml/NL is set as audio master

3) I don't know how to map the line-in. I can only set sources from the A9 and the BVs, but cannot select the ml/NL as an independent device

any thoughts?
steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Sat, Sep 10 2016 8:14 AM

Ah I got it, I had to map the line-in by the BV and not by the BLC. So, this is now mostly working.

What I mean by mostly working: I can now play audio from the line-in when selecting it manually on the Beo4 and I can also distribute it to other rooms.

What is not working yet is that the BV "senses" when an audio signal occurs on the line-in.

Let me explain my use case: Want to airplay to a Playmaker that is connected to the line-in of the ML/NL. I don't want to use the Beo4 to turn and select the channel. is it possible that my BV senses when audio plays on the line-in and turns on the BLs and plays. I would anticipate though as I thought that this is what ML can do, but it does not work for me.

Any ideas?

Stan
Top 100 Contributor
Chicago-area USA
Posts 869
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Sat, Sep 10 2016 6:40 PM

I don't know if is supposed to work that way (sense line-in and automatically turn on your TV) - Only one of my ML sources works like this prior to the BLC (and, to me, I wish it would not work this way).

You might try setting the BLC to "Source Center" - when I turn on my BS5 by touching it rather than using the Beo4, it directs audio to my TV (which is in a different room - but ML doesn't care).  This seems to be what you want so maybe an auto-sense on the line-in of the BLC could be treated the same way... however, I doubt it.  I think the sensing of line-in is for when you have speakers connected to the BLC.

However, all of this is just a guess.

Stan

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Sun, Sep 11 2016 5:07 AM

Thanks. Unfortunately, "Source Center" also does not work to start the BV/BL upon playing to the ML/NL. That's a pity, but assume that it is how it is.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Stan:

I don't know if is supposed to work that way (sense line-in and automatically turn on your TV) - Only one of my ML sources works like this prior to the BLC (and, to me, I wish it would not work this way).

Stan

Pardon me - which 'ML source' would that be?

I know of no sources on a ML-tv, that can wake up the tv.

The converter senses the source connected to the line-in -yes.

But you will have to activate the connected source on the tv with the assigned button on the remote.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Sun, Sep 11 2016 9:14 AM
I think Stan is referring to pre-BLC times.

My BC2 turns on the TV (audio) if playing a CD or turns on the TV (video) when playing a DVD.

I believe Stan made the same experience with the BS5.

unfortunately, this does not appear to work with the ML/NL and probably also not with the Essence?
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

@steve1977

Of cource it (in these cases) it is so - presumed you have the right option settings.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Page 2 of 2 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS