Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 7 dvd, changing region code

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
Posts 1,404
Bronze Member
BenSA Posted: Mon, Oct 14 2013 6:32 PM

Hello

My Beovision 7 Dvd is set to region 2. So there are a lot of dvd's I cannot play. I've hardly used the player but lately people have been wanting to lend me dvds lately but of course they are often the wrong region code!

How do I unlock it so that it plays all regions? I saw instructions Keith Saunders wrote on unlocking a Beovision 7 but it didn't work at all for me. He does say "using the special Beo4". Not sure what that means.

If anyone knows how, please let know. I'd be very grateful.

Ben

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 7:37 PM

There was a Beo4 available which was programmed with the code to set DVDs region free - it was quite expensive! Not seen one for a while.

Peter

Griebel
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 416
Gold Member
Griebel replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 9:27 PM
An xml file has been generated from the 'special' Beo4 remote to be used with any Beo5/6 devices to unlock the DVD region of the BV7-xx.

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Tue, Oct 15 2013 4:03 PM

And, where can we find this XML file? Thanks in advance!

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Posts 5,495
Founder

As already mentioned the instructions are ONLY valid if you either:-

• Have the Special type" Beo4 -- A standard Beo4 will not work OR;
  • You use the XML file I produced sometime ago which is attached in a ZIP file

The XML file has the extra commands in it which will allow the BeoVision 7 to be changed.

Regards Keith....

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
Posts 1,404
Bronze Member
BenSA replied on Tue, Oct 15 2013 6:36 PM

Thanks for all the replies.

Since I do not have the "special" Beo4 or access to a Be05/6, I presume I am stuck with region 2 then!

Marco6474
Not Ranked
Posts 54
Bronze Member
Marco6474 replied on Tue, Oct 15 2013 6:39 PM

Did you ask your local dealer?

I'd also be interested to find a solution without that special Beo4.

Marc.

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
Posts 1,404
Bronze Member
BenSA replied on Tue, Oct 15 2013 6:44 PM

Unfortunately there isn't a B&O dealer in my city. So that won't help but thanks for the suggestion!

Marco6474
Not Ranked
Posts 54
Bronze Member
Marco6474 replied on Tue, Oct 15 2013 9:18 PM

I'll ask in that case.

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
Posts 271
Bronze Member
L Spad replied on Sat, Mar 31 2018 9:58 AM

Dear all, just to say a huge thank you to Keith and all involved in working out the correct hex value for the DVD REG2 command. The relevant command is FC Hex or 252 in decimal. I set my DVD player on my Beovision 7-32 to region free via the masterlink gateway - an alternative approach to the special Beo4 or a correctly programmed Beo5/6. All you need to do is send code 'FC' to the relevant masterlink code. I did this using the excellent MLGW plugin that PhilLondon produced for the Indigo home automation server software. I've tested it with a few DVDs and all is working as expected thanks to the contributions of a number of Beoworld-ers so thanks to all!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS