Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

No sound on link system when pc is connected to 7-40 by hdmi

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Dugge
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Dugge Posted: Sun, Nov 3 2013 9:02 AM

I have problem to get sound on the link system when connecting my pc with hdmi to my beovision 7-40.

it works fine when connected vga + rca. 

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Hi Dugge and welcome to BeoWorld,

you have just described the solution yourself.

Since you can not dstribute a 'digital connected' source over MasterLink, you will have to use an analog conversion of it.

Often you can use that parallel to the HDMI-connection - depending on the output-connections etc of the device in case.

If you use a pc, I would suggest that you use a USB-DAC to get the best sound quality.

Would be nice to read about the 'results' of your experiments on the forum.

Greetings Millemissen

There is a tv - and there is a BV

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
Millemissen:

Hi Dugge and welcome to BeoWorld,

you have just described the solution yourself.

Since you can not dstribute a 'digital connected' source over MasterLink, you will have to use an analog conversion of it.

Often you can use that parallel to the HDMI-connection - depending on the output-connections etc of the device in case.

If you use a pc, I would suggest that you use a USB-DAC to get the best sound quality.

Would be nice to read about the 'results' of your experiments on the forum.

Greetings Millemissen

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

welcome X 2

Millemissen is correct with what is probably the simplest solution.

However if your Bv7 is at the right firmware level the following may work for you (I just confirmed it on my Apple TV's HDMI to my Bv8) ...

In the link room add [AV] to your Beo4.

Then press [AV] and then the source (in my case [DVD]).

And you might then get your music.

Later today I will repeat the test with my PC (which is a MacMini on the source [PC].

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

elephant:
Later today I will repeat the test with my PC (which is a MacMini on the source [PC].

I retested with [PC] and it works ... however I had forgotten that the BeoVision must be operating that source - so unlike using a BeoPort if you use this approach your BV has to remain an active participant (e.g. displaying the PC screen saver or the ATV screen saver).

This may not be the issue with Millemissen's recommendation - since that is native analogue - like my BeoPort approach.

BeoNut since '75

Dugge
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Dugge replied on Tue, Nov 5 2013 12:54 PM

Thanks for you help, it works with a DAC and there is no delay so I can use the PC for Movies etc.

Thaks aain!

Dugge
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Dugge replied on Tue, Nov 5 2013 12:54 PM

Thanks for you help, it works with a DAC and there is no delay so I can use the PC for Movies etc.

Thaks aain!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS