Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BS Century

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Kokorico
Not Ranked
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Posts 18
Bronze Member
Kokorico Posted: Thu, Apr 12 2012 1:06 AM

Hi , just bough a really poor cosmetic/mechanical condition bs century , even tough is 75% working ( cd is completely dead , not spining ) but i love . Its a little bit tatty , will need to change fabric on speakers covers, there is also missing front glass panel, and thats the question, does anyone know where can i get it from ? can be used ( cheaper = better ) Erm..

Regards

Mike

root
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 226
Bronze Member
root replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 2:21 PM

finding a used door will be rather impossible. why not order a new one? they are still available and not that expensive, they will ask you for the serial number of your century as there were two different versions of the glass door assembly.

and regarding the speaker covers: these can be reclothed in any color, just unscrew them a the back and take them off, they can be completely disassembled in four pieces. you just need a very thin fabric, similar to the fabric of the other beolabs.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Try Leslie on this forum, he will be able to help you with the door and brackets for same

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Kokorico
Not Ranked
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Posts 18
Bronze Member
Kokorico replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 5:58 PM

Thanks for reply ,  Just finished reclothing speaker covers , using greay women leggings burned into frames with soldering iron  lol overall cost = 2 pounds 50 pens and few mills of lighter fuel  Big Smile 

Regarding the buy of new doors , I bet they will be more likely +-80 pounds , that makes them expensive to me, as spending half of my weekly wage does not makes me to smile :P. So i rather keep looking for 3rd party replacement or used one of ebay 

Just to mention that this BS Century cost me 25 pounds :) i think, that's a good deal even tough cd is not working

Regards

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 6:34 PM

Kokorico:
Just finished reclothing speaker covers , using greay women leggings burned into frames with soldering iron  lol overall cost = 2 pounds 50 pens and few mills of lighter fuel  Big Smile 

Pictures please, maybe I can have a laugh to? Big Smile

If you still have the metal bracket it might be a cheap option to by a glass teinted door  with same size chamfered edges (approx. 15E).

Brengen & Ophalen

Kokorico
Not Ranked
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Posts 18
Bronze Member
Kokorico replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 7:00 PM

Have fun! Laughing

anyway no the previous owner bin whole broken glass unit with bracket :( . however that sliding part is still there and it moves! 

JC
Top 150 Contributor
West Yorkshire
Posts 764
Silver Member
JC replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 7:35 PM

Great job well done fella!!!!

Jonnie

Kokorico
Not Ranked
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Posts 18
Bronze Member
Kokorico replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 7:42 PM

Thanks! 

Can any owner of bs century measure for me, exact the doors high and length and  also how deep they are. Please

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 8:37 PM

This not funny, this is good!Yes - thumbs up

Size glass panel 330x175x4mm

Two type of brackets used for the CenturySurprise

Brengen & Ophalen

Kokorico
Not Ranked
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Posts 18
Bronze Member
Kokorico replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 8:46 PM

Thanks Leslie!

Do you think clear cast perspex acrylic cut to the size you provide will do ? or it have to be glass ?

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Leslie:

This not funny, this is good!Yes - thumbs up

Size glass panel 330x175x4mm

Two type of brackets used for the CenturySurprise

I just knew it, our Leslie has it, and the BeoVirus too Laughing

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 8:57 PM

What do you think Soren, acrylic or glass? I would choose for glass since acrylic works like a magnet for dust. But it's your choice. When the virus caught me as a beginner I certainly would have choosen for the cheap acrylic option, although I pay around 15 euro for a glasspanel here in Holland! 

Brengen & Ophalen

Kokorico
Not Ranked
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Posts 18
Bronze Member
Kokorico replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 9:07 PM

damn, certainly im a beginner but .. time to find glass supplier who would like to cut me 1 piece to size :) true acrylic is cheaper , just checked and it would cost around 3 pounds for cut to size piece but adding postage 10 quid makes it price of glass doors that i think can get locally .

Thanks again 

anyway any idea whats wrong with cp player in my century ?^^ it seam to be dead , not even wont to move for a 1 single millimetre. 

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 9:14 PM

Kokorico:

anyway any idea whats wrong with cp player in my century ?^^ it seam to be dead , not even wont to move for a 1 single millimetre. 

See, virus already starts workingBig Smile I don't have a clue what's wrong with the CD player, maybe others here?

Brengen & Ophalen

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 9:18 PM

Btw, did you ever tried to go to a local glass supplier, I'm sure they will supply you one, don't know about the cost though.

Brengen & Ophalen

Kokorico
Not Ranked
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Posts 18
Bronze Member
Kokorico replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 9:26 PM

Leslie:

Btw, did you ever tried to go to a local glass supplier, I'm sure they will supply you one, don't know about the cost though.

Yes they supply me with spectrum , uroboros and youghiogheny glass as im stained glass maker , but im sure they will have regular tinted glass

fingers crossed :) 

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS