Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

What have I bought?

rated by 0 users
This post has 26 Replies | 2 Followers

Waldorf
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
Waldorf Posted: Thu, Nov 14 2013 2:37 PM

Good day,

I am new to this website and to the world of B&O. Last week we bought a cabinet with a record deck and a radio/amplifier. The seller told us it is original B&O, but I doubt that. I can't find anything like it on the internet. The record deck seems to be a Beogram 1000, I could not identify the radio.

A previous owner cut of most of the connectors, so I will probably be back with more questions. I want to get everything working. But my first question is: what is it?

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

The radio sure looks like a Beomaster 900 chassis with a different face plate for the vertical position.

Vinyl records, cassettes, open reel, valve amplifiers and film photography.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

The radio looks more like the BM 1200 (RG), that would fit with the BG 1000, but in a different cabinet than shown here in the product list.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Thu, Nov 14 2013 3:46 PM

Whatever it is, it looks good!

I'm sure Martin will soon tell what it is Smile

--mika

beaker
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 761
Bronze Member
beaker replied on Thu, Nov 14 2013 4:30 PM
Could there have been a tv in the other end?
Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Thu, Nov 14 2013 6:01 PM

Waldorf:

But my first question is: what is it?

Absolutely gorgeous?  I know that doesn't help, but I'm with Mika and the others.

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

Waldorf:

But my first question is: what is it?

Beautiful piece of B&O History.

Very interesting, I got the same cabinett few weeks ago Big Smile

First I was sure that this is a rare version of Beomaster 900RG or Beomaster 1200RG but than I foud the correct information about the system here on BW. The tricky was that the name is not Beomaster RG, it is called a Bevision 2000.

Look here.

My cabinet is also rosewood but sadly not in original condition Sad On the left side there was the Beovision 5502 built in (the TV unit was changed in the late 70's to the color TV). One speaker does not work too and the turntable is really slow. It needs a good restoration.

Nevertheless I bought it because the wood is in excellent shape!

In my opinion this is the nicest RG made by B&O.

Congratulation!

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

Here is mine...

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

Short while ago there was a second Beovision 2000 locally advertised here in Austria. This unit had have the original TV on the left side and even an optional Deck (I think it was Beocord 2000 de Luxe). Unfortunately it was in not so good shape:

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

Do you have still a TV on the left side of your cabinet?

We are always happy to see more nice pictures Big Smile

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Waldorf
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
Waldorf replied on Fri, Nov 15 2013 7:26 AM

Thank you all for the replies. There is no television in my cabinet. It just has the radio and record deck and speakers. The cabinet itself is in a very good state. There is just some minor damage along the rear edge.

The radio is now playing through one speaker I had lying about and with a piece of wire as an antenna. I will need to fit new cables for the speakers, as they have been cut off by a previous owner. The record deck is turning, but I need to find a new connector to connect the record deck with the amplifier. Better upgrade my membership on this forum and check out the manuals and diagrams.

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

Hi,

unfortunately there are no manuals for Beovision 2000 in the database of this site but there are single manuals for the turntable (Beogram 1000) and for the receiver (Beomaster 900). For me it would be also very interesting to get the original manuals for this TV-RG (if there were any special for it) because I want to repair and restaurate mine too. Interesting could be the information about wiring and which speakers were built in originally? One of mine does not work...

Any information about this RG Martin (or other members)?

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

bm_bv_bc_bg
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member

Very nice thing,  also as a furniture.  But it is obvious huge too. I can imagine to want to have it but before I need bigger flat :-)

Is is the tuner init the Beomaster 900?

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

bm_bv_bc_bg:

Is is the tuner init the Beomaster 900?

Yes, I would say it is basically a Beomaster 900 but little bit changed to match the RG.

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Sun, Nov 17 2013 3:50 PM

Beautiful finish - there is a picture of the Beovision 2000 in the B&O book From Vision to Legend - page 399 - also same picture in Spark to Icon - page 303 - described as Stereophonic A/V centre Beovison 2000. it is in rosewood and you can only see the TV. I do like the sliding shelf for the record player though I imagine the deck is a little sensitive to vibration. The later cabinets for the newer equipment have a similar sliding arrangement but allow the standard deck to sit on the shelf and benefit from the later models suspension.  This was I believe when the cabinet making at B&O was at its height and the quality of the components used were beyond reproach. I suppose a new TV could fit in the space provided - though I imagine this would need to be a non B&O as I doubt any of the present range would fit!

Peter

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

Peter:

I suppose a new TV could fit in the space provided - though I imagine this would need to be a non B&O as I doubt any of the present range would fit!

As I mentioned in my post, in my specimen of Beovision 2000 RG the original BV2000 was changed with color Beovision 5502 which was well matching (optical and by his size) but unfortunately it is not working anymore :-(

My first though was to wait and try to get the original TV and to restore the beautiful RG to bee 100% original. In a mean time I am also thinking about a new TV on the left side of the cabinet (as peter mentioned). I am still not sure because it would be than combination of old 60's style wooden furniture and new, probably LCD TV technology

The post from Peter made me curious yesterday and I measured the space on the left side of the cabinet. It is 61 x 43 cm. According to Beoworld the Beovision 6-22 has following dimensions: 59 x 48 x 16 cm. So without speakers (I presume it could be possible to detach this part of BV6-22) most probably it would be possible to get the BV 6-22 screen in the cabinet.

Maybe even the screen of Beovision / Beocenter 1 could match...

It could be nice experiment, if I would have only a part of the Leslie's skills or other BW members Wink

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 8:31 AM

the_o_master:
The post from Peter made me curious yesterday and I measured the space on the left side of the cabinet. It is 61 x 43 cm. According to Beoworld the Beovision 6-22 has following dimensions: 59 x 48 x 16 cm. So without speakers (I presume it could be possible to detach this part of BV6-22) most probably it would be possible to get the BV 6-22 screen in the cabinet.

I would only bother with a B&O TV if it was the original type - it's not that it would integrate with the rest of the RG's remote control capabilities anyway Big Smile A non-molested BV6 would probably look better on the top of the cabinet...

You can nowadays get computer monitors with built-in digital TV tuners for peanuts in that size. Perhaps one of them would fit nicely, maybe add a wooden frame to make it blend in and not look like a plastic add-on. Use the RG for the audio. The result might actually be useful if you need a small TV that's out of sight when not in use!

--mika

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 1:32 PM

I don't dare to even make a wild guess at the cost if it was to be produced today...

Martin

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

Dillen:

I don't dare to even make a wild guess at the cost if it was to be produced today...

Martin

Probably something like this but the price would be in EURO instead of Shilling Big Smile

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

or even this:

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

the:

Interesting could be the information about wiring and which speakers were built in originally? One of mine does not work...

Any information about the original speakers which were build in in the Beovision 2000 (Martin, Peter...)?

Anybody with service manual for this model?

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Waldorf
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
Waldorf replied on Mon, May 5 2014 1:19 PM

Well, I am at last a step further, but not yet there. The motor of the Beogram runs, and a friend soldered a plug to the record deck. It wasn't until I wanted to adjust the arm that I noticed the weight at the end is missing. Is there anybody who has this part for sale, or who knows where I can find the right part?

Professor David A Flynn JP
Top 500 Contributor
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Posts 116
Bronze Member

Hello - this looks a beautiful piece of furniture and is a lovely looking piece of kit.  Hope that you get all the pieces of equipment going.  Quite envious of you obtaining this.  May you enjoy it for a long time, and wish you all the best.  Best wishes David FlynnBig Smile

Professor David A Flynn JP LM

Big Smile

Waldorf
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
Waldorf replied on Fri, Jun 13 2014 2:05 PM

I managed to find the missing part, and now the Beogram is running well. Smile

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Congrats, keep them coming

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Fri, Jun 13 2014 6:32 PM

Waldorf:

I managed to find the missing part, and now the Beogram is running well. Smile

Very cool.  Congrats.

But.....pictures, or it didn't happen!  Wink

Page 1 of 1 (27 items) | RSS