Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 11 3D on Homemedia

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

pinapete
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
pinapete Posted: Thu, Nov 14 2013 6:35 PM

I have just installed a Beovision 11-55, I can play 3D on a DVD. there is a picture setting that allows selection of a 3D option on the Beovision 11.

there is also a setting for 3D viewing on the TV setting, but for Homemedia, that is playing videos from my own hard drive, the B&O setting for picture does not allow access to the 3D setting, and so a 3D plays only in 2D.

how can I initiate usage of the 3D option for HomeMedia.

thanks

Fl_ip
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 160
Bronze Member
Fl_ip replied on Thu, Nov 14 2013 7:08 PM
Add 3d and 2d to the beo4. Afterwards you can select it with list. Or go to settings, screen, 3d
pinapete
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
pinapete replied on Thu, Nov 14 2013 7:28 PM

i can select 3D settings (under Picture) with list for the TV selection, and the DVD selection, as you indicate, but I can't access the 3D option when under the Homemedia selection, it shows the 3D option, but it is greyed out and does not click open. .

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Thu, Nov 14 2013 10:00 PM
I guess the Homemedia is accessing your hard drive via the WiFi ?

Are you sure the media has been truly captured in 3d format to the hard drive ?

Your normal 3D is via a BluRay with the latest HDMI right ? Does the BR player support WiFi (just for a test) ?

BeoNut since '75

pinapete
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
pinapete replied on Fri, Nov 15 2013 1:11 AM

yes the Homemedia is accessing the hard drive through WiFi

the media is 3 d as when it plays in 2 d there is a picture on the top and the bottom.

i realize that maybe it wont play in 3d, but I don't get the chance to try, as the option for 3D settings, eg top and bottom or side by side is not available in Homemedia. that is before even trying to go to the file to play it.

yes my normal 3d is from the BR player. but I don't see how I can work it through WiFi, anyway, the first point is being able to even get to 3d settings to start with.

i am starting to think that the 3 d setting has been disabled for Homemedia on purpose so people don't even try to play 3d files with B&O expecting a lot of complaints with the 3d not working as there are so many variables, potential complications or whatever.

MrDT
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
MrDT replied on Wed, Mar 18 2015 4:45 PM

Just discovered I am having the same issues.

I have a 3D camera that captures SBS video in MP4 format. However, It is rendered as one side of the video (Fullscreen 2D)

There is no option to view the full 3D footage as recorded (and played back on any other type of 3D TV such as Sony or LG)

Also, there is no support for the .mpo file extension with images so it does not show 3D photos either. 

Hopefully this won't be forever with so many other manufacturers supporting it.

Heres hoping!

Radiomekaniker
Not Ranked
Posts 49
Bronze Member
The media player does not support 3D, only vi the tuner and HDMI's
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS