Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Any Cyclists on BeoWorld? Look at THIS !!!

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE Posted: Mon, Nov 18 2013 6:15 PM

STB Brackets dropped me an email the other day with a sneak preview of their latest creation - and no, it's not a bracket, or a stand, or an adapter..  it's something rather different.

Gavin Sykes, MD of STB Brackets, is a keen cyclist - and no doubt came up with this new idea whilst hurtling down a dual carriageway overtaking cars and lorries in 18th gear waving his fist manically, as he does. It's called 'BeoActive' and I've got to say it looks awesome.  If I was still cycling I'd have some myself.  

Here's a LINK to the dropbox for a good look at it all (there are plenty of images in there) 

You can order your own Bang & Olufsen branded cycling gear by simply clicking HERE  !!!  

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Tue, Nov 19 2013 4:59 PM

You could always use the top as a base layer!

I just know someone like Puncher is going to say "and use the shorts for support.." and post an image of me running, which will be removed.. Big Smile

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Tue, Nov 19 2013 7:13 PM

9 LEE:

You could always use the top as a base layer!

I just know someone like Puncher is going to say "and use the shorts for support.." and post an image of me running, which will be removed.. Big Smile

If you feel the need to parade about in public wearing Spanx then far be it from me to interfere!! Erm..Ick!.......very far!!

Ban boring signatures!

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Tue, Nov 19 2013 7:22 PM

I knew of a club cyclist where I worked who shaved his legs!!Huh?

Aerodynamics???.................I don't think so!!!

If you can stay within a couple of miles of Bradley or a lap or two from Chris Hoy, then we'll talk!!Big Smile

Ban boring signatures!

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Tue, Nov 19 2013 10:04 PM

Am I missing something here?

I know football fans like to buy replica kit, but shouldn't B&O be paying or sponsoring cyclists to wear this stuff? Or at least provide it at a discount?

Graham

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

vikinger:

Am I missing something here?

I know football fans like to buy replica kit, but shouldn't B&O be paying or sponsoring cyclists to wear this stuff? Or at least provide it at a discount?

Graham

I would never buy cycling apparel like that, my beer gut would show too much, and shave my legs, never, and where is the sound gear.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Gavin Sykes - STBbrackets
Not Ranked
Lincoln England
Posts 12
Gold Member

I don't usually post as you regular users already know......I sit on the sidelines and keep my mouth firmly shut........but on this occasion........

I thought that it would be nice for the employees of the company, the dealers and fans (advocates) of the brand to have a suitable kit for the gym, road or off-road. There are surely lots of us who ride regularly, and we inevitably have to choose appropriate clothing. What better than some branded kit ? There Is a huge amount of debate about brand awareness and why B&O don't do this or that. Well here you go, highly visible free marketing

For the dealers this is a great conversation opener. "BeoPlay? I like their headphones / speakers / TV" 

"Me too, I love it, i'm the local dealer from the high street in Lincoln..........."

I know this is a niche proposition, the design is really cool and if you ride a bike then you'll already have written to Santa :-)

if you think Lycra is for weirdo fitness freaks then you are probably not target market for this one?

All good at STB, I think are about to launch something really nice.........I'm sure that Lee will be one of the first to know

Gavin

some new stuff and some old stuff, Bakelite Beolits and U84 wire recorder are worthy of note in my vintage collection

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Wed, Nov 27 2013 9:19 PM

Gavin,

I apologise if I appear to have "dissed" your cycling-wear initiative, it was certainly not intended! My comments were intended as a pointy stick to 9 LEE, who has a particularly chequered Lycra-related past!

In retrospect I realise it reads badly and I seem to have lead the thread off on a poor tangent, I shall try to be more careful in future. 

I can do nothing but applaud your continuing support and promotion of the brand, it's products and this forum.

Cheers,

Punch.

Ban boring signatures!

Not Ranked
Lincoln England
Posts 12
Gold Member

Hi Punch

mine was a general explanation of why I wanted to produce this line. I intended to write last week, but I just didn't get round to it - too busy riding my bike I guess :-)

I applaud you taking every opportunity to dig into 9Lee ! Though I confess to getting on very well with Lee

Certainly no offence taken by me and thanks for your kind words - we try our best on a daily basis. I'm lucky to work with a great team of people at STB 

Having celebrated 30 years as a dealer this month....... I am very proud to be a part of the BeoFamily x

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Wed, Nov 27 2013 10:03 PM

STBBrackets:
I applaud you taking every opportunity to dig into 9Lee ! Though I confess to getting on very well with Lee

Ask him to show you the photos - he won't let me post them on here!Whistle

Ban boring signatures!

Not Ranked
Lincoln England
Posts 12
Gold Member
Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member