Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Planned New Setup

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Ian
Not Ranked
Copenhagen
Posts 7
Bronze Member
Ian Posted: Fri, Apr 13 2012 10:52 AM

Hi,

Only started buying B&O a few years ago. So far all I have is

BeoSound 9000
BeoLab 6000
Beo4 Remote
BeoCom 6000
BeoSound 2
BeoSound 6
LC2 - Light Control

Current planned purchases are:

BeoVision 7-40 3D/Blue Ray
BeoLab 9
Motorised High Stand
BeoLab 10

Optional BeoSound 5, Beo6, still thinking about these.

Plan is to use my existing BeoLab 6000 as rear speakers, and 2 new BeoLab 9 as front with the BeoLab 10 as centre mounted on the TV stand. (Would like the BeoLab 5, but budget does not allow it just now)

In total for all, with mounting brackets, Sky/Digital decoders... it should cost a little less then 20K Euro.

The TV and speaker setup I have viewed in a B&O shop. I also played around with the BeoSound 5, only for a short time but did like it. Any one got comments on the pro/cons of the BeoSound 5? I like the benefit off digital audio offered by the BeoSound 5, but can't bring myself to part with the BeoSound 9000 - so it would be in addition not a replacement.

Never used the Beo6, only held it in the shop - not sure about the design. The sales person did not like it and recommended that I stay with the Beo4. Anyone actually recommend it?

General comments on the TV/Speaker setup?

Thanks
Ian

BeoVision 7-40, BeoLab 9/10/6000, BeoCom 6000, Beo4, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound 2/6,

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 2:02 PM

Congratulations - will be a great setup.

BL10 is the best center speaker I ever heard from Beo. I had BL7.4 for several years, but replaced it with the 10, while upgrading to BV7-40 MKIII.

BL9 are also great speakers, we have many discussions here in the forum about using a BL2 for the LFE (.1) channel, or let the BL9s do the job.So maybe you should plan a sub for the setup (?) BL6000 are ok for rears, but next step could be to replace them with BL3 to get an all ALT setup.

With Beo4 remote you can control all devices/functions in your setup. Beo6 makes sense, if you add a BS5. You can configur BS5 as no audiomaster, so you can use it in the same setup with BS9000.

BS5 is great system, especially with the new CD drive. It`s very easy to use, and with the new Beo6 two-way function you can browse your library directly from the remote. If you buy a Beo6 (I like this remote) you should also get the confg. tool to program the remote yourself - it`s not difficult.

Have fun with the new setup.

Stefan

Ian
Not Ranked
Copenhagen
Posts 7
Bronze Member
Ian replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 2:39 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your input.

Since I already have the BL6000 I thought that I'd resuse them for now, will look at replacing them with BL3 at a later date (or what is available at the time I do the upgrade)

I'll see how the new setup sounds before I look at adding a sub, BL2.

I read some other posts in the Beo6 form, it seems to get very mixed reviews - both its design and ease off using the programming tool.If I go for the BS5 later then I'll probably buy the Beo6 as well.

Have to start somewhere, and upgrade over time.

Thanks
Ian

BeoVision 7-40, BeoLab 9/10/6000, BeoCom 6000, Beo4, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound 2/6,

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS