Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BV5 + DVD - what are my options?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers

DW2008
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Bronze Member
DW2008 Posted: Fri, Apr 13 2012 1:00 PM

Hi everyone

I’m hoping that you can give me some advice regarding a suitable DVD player for my BV5.

I have a DVD1 but it’s on the blink (intermittent fault believed to be the mechanism and apparently quite expensive to fix).

I just wondered what my other options were.

Ideally I’d like a small DVD player that could be hidden behind the BV5 and would be controllable via the Beo4 in the same way as the DVD1.

I assume that this would have to work via the STB controller?

Is this an alternative that anyone has tried?

It looks great but there’s no price shown

http://shop.oneremote.dk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=29_30&products_id=3582

Also, is BluRay an option with SCART?

I appreciate that the benefit of BluRay over DVD wouldn’t be realised on the BV5 but it would be nice to buy things like the Star Wars BluRay to get the extras.

I’ve been told that the PS3 can play games via SCART on the BV5 but that BluRay movies would have a green filter if not connected via HDMI.

I was wondering if anyone has tried using one of these?

http://shop.oneremote.dk/catalog/index.php?cPath=65_113

Any advice much appreciated.

David

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Sat, Apr 14 2012 7:52 PM

Looks like an interesting product, but not out until later this month? No price. As the B&O linked Dab radio on that website is nearly €300 I would expect the DVD player to be at least as expensive. Why not spend £150 - £200 on another DVD1 from a second life dealer (or maybe less on eBay)?

Graham

DW2008
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Bronze Member
DW2008 replied on Tue, Apr 17 2012 1:49 PM

received this from OneRemote :

"I am sorry but we do not have this product anymore.

Also we have no replacement for it."

would be interested to hear any thoughts on the BluRay though...

hfat
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 663
Bronze Member
hfat replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 6:25 AM

Hi,

If you cannot find a BluRay-Player supported by STBC you could think of adding a BluRay that offers HDMI out (for future use) and SCART out like Samsung offers very flat models that can be easily fixed behind the BV5. To control the Player you could use a Lintronic-Box. This box can be controlled by SCART IR signal like the DVD1. So you will be able to use the Blu-Ray exactly like a DVD1 and can even link it to another room.

hfat

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS