Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Datalink cable for beomaster 5000 and CD50

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

gjaky
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
gjaky Posted: Tue, Apr 17 2012 9:56 PM

Hello,

My brother recently bought a bargain beomaster 5000+MCP+CD50 combo, but unfortunately he didn't get the interconnect cable for the cd player, I want to diy this cable but not sure about the pinout. I have the service manual for both beomaster and CD50 but it is a little bit confusig, regarding to the CD50 manual it uses a 8 pin DIN connector with only pin 8 (middle) earthed, but the beomaster manual shows only a 7 pin DIN connector with pin 2 (and case) grounded, but looking at the physical connector of the CD50 it looks like pin 8 is blank. Should I use pin 2 for ground there too?

Robert
Top 500 Contributor
Holland
Posts 204
Bronze Member

Hi, see the photo from internet, hope this helps.

You only need the 7pin DIN. See here an example: http://www.soundsheavenly.co.uk/bando-datalink.jpg

The datalink is needed for (remote) signals from beomaster to CD50 and to beomaster again.

Regards, Robert

gjaky
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
gjaky replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 8:26 AM

Thanks, great!

Yes we want this cable because of datalink, now the MCP does not command the CD at all, they are now just connected with RCA-RCA cable, but this is not how it should be.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS